We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what are they wearing these days in Paris`?

Berlin, Germany
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
what are they wearing these days in Paris`?

Im plannign a trip to Paris starting from may 23rd for 5 days. Just would like to know what the ladies are wearing these days so I can have an idea of what to bring. skirts and dresses or sweaters and coats? dark colors or light colors? any insight would be greatly appreciate.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
832 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what are they wearing these days in Paris`?

Do a search as this has been covered recently. But many wear black and scarves and look very fashionable

Level Contributor
351 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what are they wearing these days in Paris`?

my fashion-forward daughter loves thesartorialist.blogspot.com. Although it covers most world capitals, it has a real french angle. It's so hard to imitate what French women do naturally, but I think the safest bet is to be somewhat conservative in cut and color and had a dash with accessories. Coming from Berlin, you're probably closer than you think and would be fine just sticking to your own style

Level Contributor
5,896 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what are they wearing these days in Paris`?

Wear whatever is comfortable to you.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
516 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what are they wearing these days in Paris`?

I don't think a Berliner need worry what is fashionable in Paris, just as I don't think a Parisian would give two hoots what was fashionable in Berlin. There are some very chic people walking around Paris but if you're in the metro you'll realise that there are lots of very ordinary people also. I suppose you could say that they don't go for very bright colours generally but that wouldn't stop me wearing what I wanted.

Cebu Island...
Level Contributor
107 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: what are they wearing these days in Paris`?

I was there 2 weeks ago. The most common accessory is the scarf and right now you have to add sunglasses. Summer has arrived. I saw lots of ballet flats and converse for foot accessories. For clothings, I will suggest long cardigans...knee length and maybe a light coat for late night outs and dresses for daytime.

6. Re: what are they wearing these days in Paris`?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2009, 06:22