We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Louvre Entrances

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
lost in Ohio
Level Contributor
2,254 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Louvre Entrances

Hello. I know that the Louvre has several entrances. Could you recommend which might be the fastest to get us into the place on a Friday morning? We will have our museum pass already.

Many thanks

Paris, France
Level Contributor
3,649 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Louvre Entrances

Fastest is the one on line 1 of the metro. Metro brings you right at museum level.

Crowds are not so much at entrance, they are at security.

If you are walking in the Tuileries, you can enter by the stairs on the left or right of Arc de Triomphe du Carousel.

If you are on rue de Rivoli, you can enter at Carousel du Louvre near metro Palais Royal and Hotel du Louvre.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,769 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Louvre Entrances

Well if you already have a pass its really not a big deal which entrance you use.

For those without passes ,, ( like me, I have never purchased one) we skip long lines by entering off the Carosuel Shopping Mall entrance, below ground, off of Rue Du Rivoli.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
3,649 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Louvre Entrances

PS If you have a pass there is an entrance at Richelieu wing, in that covered "alley" with view of pyramid at the end.

4. Re: Louvre Entrances

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 November 2009, 06:18