We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris boat cruises

Washington, D. C.
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Paris boat cruises

I saw there are a few complanies that offer the non dinner cruises. Is any one better than others?

Thanks

Chesapeake Bay House

los angeles
Level Contributor
9,215 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris boat cruises

There are 2 main companies, and I think they're both pretty much the same--one departs near the Eiffel tower ond one from the right bank near port d' alma. If you are there in the summer when there are after-dark cruises offered, go then. All the monuments are lit up and it's just beautiful.

The boats are very crowded and touristy, but just get past that and enjoy.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
723 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris boat cruises

I recommend the Canauxrama "Bistrot" cruise that leaves at 9pm. It is "Bistrot" because there is a bar on board, always an advantage when cruising and thirsty at the same time. It is better than the others in many ways and it is not crowded.

www.canauxrama.com/produits/e_fiche81.htm

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,079 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris boat cruises

There is also the Vedettes du Pont Neuf, which starts and finishes at the Pont Neuf which can be handy if you don't want to have to travel to the Eiffel Tower area to catch the cruise.

Great Barrington...
Level Contributor
4,262 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris boat cruises

Get a discount on the Vedettes du Pont Neuf here: www.vedettesdupontneuf.com/billet_en.php

Washington, D. C.
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris boat cruises

Thanks that is helpful..the evening cruise sounds great.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paris boat cruises

slowpokesf- great recommendation! Thanks again.

Canauxrama is a great 2 hour cruise (6pm or 9pm)and it is never crowded.

Did this again last week and passed up the big tourist boats. They have a vending machine on board, while I was sipping wine. Best 15 euro deal in Paris.

Denmark, Europe
Level Contributor
3,484 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paris boat cruises

I wouldn't take the cruise on Canal Saint Martin, because it's much funnier to walk on the banks and look at the boats go through the locks (which takes forever, so the poor boat tourists are trapped like ducks in a bowl).

However, I have sometimes looked at the Canauxrama cruise on the river Marne to the old dance restaurants by the river, les guinguettes.

http://www.canauxrama.com/marne.htm

Anyone done that ??

Ireland
Level Contributor
1,908 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paris boat cruises

Hi there,

Can anyone who has done the 9pm canauxrama cruise on the Seine tell me if you get the see the Eiffel go sparkly at 10pm?

I know that if we get the pont neuf cruise at 9.30, it will be up by the tower so we'll be able to see the 10pm twinkling... but the reviews for the canauxrama cruises are very good.

As ever, many thanks for your help

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
723 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Paris boat cruises

Kathleen,

When we took the Canauxrama "Bistrot en Seine" cruise that leaves at 9pm, we did see the Eiffel Tower sparkle at 10pm. Remember that the Canauxrama cruise is a two hour cruise, it doesn't come back until 11pm. That might help you decide which cruise you want.

Ireland
Level Contributor
1,908 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Paris boat cruises

Excellent, really appreciate the reply.

Thank you!!