We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling companion for Paris in the fall

New York City
Level Contributor
77 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling companion for Paris in the fall

I have been reading the Paris forums for the last several months as I was planning a trip to Paris in the fall. My friend has now dropped out of the trip and I was wondering if any of the travelers out there know of any travel buddy websites where I can try to find companion to travel with me to Paris in the fall.

I have never traveled to Europe by myself and I don't think I would have a good time. This would be my first time in France and I would like to see it with a companion. Any help would be appreciated.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
185 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling companion for Paris in the fall

My aunt has done a couple of Rick Steves tours as a single traveler and really enjoyed them. She made friends with others on the tours. You may have a single room or share a room with another single traveler. Hope this helps.

Hayti, Missouri
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling companion for Paris in the fall

I actually saw this link in an article recently. It might be the sort of information you're looking for.

http://www.travelchums.com/

New York City
Level Contributor
77 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling companion for Paris in the fall

Thanks for your help. I checked out his tour but I really want to do the city on my own.

New York City
Level Contributor
77 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling companion for Paris in the fall

I signed up for travel chums and I will see what happens. Thanks a lot.

California
Level Contributor
160 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traveling companion for Paris in the fall

It may not be your cup of tea, but people who stay in hostels often say the best part is the other people they meet. This would also give you more flexibility - you wouldn't have to plan your trip around another person's travel goals, and you would get to meet the people first and possibly have a choice of who to spend the day with.

RF

North Caroline
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Traveling companion for Paris in the fall

If you can hold off until January for your trip I recommend you travel with the "Traveling Professor".

His name is Steve and he really is a professor at a college in New York. He's taking a small group in January. I believe his trip is much more affordable than most. Do a search on the forum and it will give you his contact information. You can also google him. He's a wealth of information.

Whenever you go, you will love it. I'm getting ready to go on my third trip in a couple of weeks and have already got my fourth trip planned :)

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
18,819 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Traveling companion for Paris in the fall

Here's a link to Traveling Professor's website http://www.travelingprofessor.com/

8. Re: Traveling companion for Paris in the fall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2009, 05:31