We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SNCF from Versailles to Paris

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
lost in Ohio
Level Contributor
2,246 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
SNCF from Versailles to Paris

Bonjour

We will be returning to Paris after the late water show at versailles.

According to the website, the show ends at 11:30 PM, and the LAST TRAIN from Versailles Rive Gauche is at 11:50PM. Doesnt sound like a good fit.

They also say that the last SNCF leaves from VERSAILLES RIVE DROITE at 00:12 AM and from VERSAILLES CHANTIERS at 00:23 AM and 00:56 AM.

Can anyone tell me (1) how I figure out which SNCF to take to get back to the Louvre area? and how I can find out where the Versailles Rive Droite and the Versailles Chantiers stations are? I dont see them on my RER map.

MERCI

1. Re: SNCF from Versailles to Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 13 June 2009, 06:37
Metro Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,737 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: SNCF from Versailles to Paris

THAT'S FUNNY! ALL my maps of Metro / RER shows that the RER C does go to Versailles-rive gauche and to Versailles-chantiers. The RER have lots of "branches" by the end of many lines so one has to be careful when going to Versailles --and CDG.

The various RER are part of the SNCF network and use SNCF tracks. In other words they are part of the network of commuter trains (they do look like commuter trains, with some of the coaches having 2 levels, and a different size and look from the metro)

CAREFUL..The Metro/ RER map is not geographically accurate!! both Versailles-chateau and chantiers are obviously geographically close to one another..

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
20,957 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SNCF from Versailles to Paris

There's more than one station - the RER station and the SNCF station - just as at Montparnasse, Gare du Nord, etc.

For location of stations, and itineraries - go to www.ratp.fr and enter station in the first box and address in the second box. Be sure to change the day/time.

It looks like your best bet would be to hustle over to the RER station, even if you have to leave the show a few minutes early...

4. Re: SNCF from Versailles to Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2009, 05:33