We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tgv tickets

sydney
9 posts
Save Topic
tgv tickets

would like to know were i can buy tgv tickets to tours and if i can buy them before i arrive in paris june 26th is arrival date thanks

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,487 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tgv tickets

www.tgv-europe.com

sydney
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: tgv tickets

Hi Sydneynick

Can you tell me if you can pick tgv tickets days before departure thanks

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,487 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tgv tickets

If you go to that TGV site, there should be an option for you to collect the tickets in France. You will be given a reference number.

You can then go to any mainline station, or an SNCF boutique, with that reference and the *exact* same credit card that you used for payment, and you'll get the tickets.

sydney
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: tgv tickets

Hi

Thanks so much for your help

portland, Ore
Level Contributor
255 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tgv tickets

......and if you go to that site, log on as a resident of England, you can reserve your tickets, and print them on your home computer. (We just did that for our recent trip to France.)

You don't have to go anywhere to pick them up. As an added bonus, if you loose them, you can go to a ticket window in France, present your identical credit card, and get new copies.

sydney
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: tgv tickets

thank you for your information

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,133 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: tgv tickets

The option to print tickets at home doesn't depend on where you say you live, but rather on what fare structure you are getting. The self-print option applies only to "prem" (deep discount) fares. Any other fare structure would have to be picked up, as described above. If the self-print option is available, it will be offered when you book; otherwise, print out the confirmation information and take that, plus the SAME credit card (absolutely required) you used to make the payment, and pick up the ticket as described above.

sydney
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: tgv tickets

thanks you for your help

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
825 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: tgv tickets

Do you need to show the actual credit card, or can you just give the details? Our daughter, who is in Japan, doesn't have a credit card and wants to use our credit card details to buy her tickets but when she gets to Paris she won't have the actual card.Will this work?

Chicago
Level Contributor
7,069 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: tgv tickets

Assume not. There was a thread posted recently, where the poster bought the ticket and then the credit card was lost/stolen. He had to buy a new ticket. I picked up my ticket recently at an SNCF office and had it out with my id, so don't know if it would have been asked for or not. But I was taking no chances after reading the recent thread on the subject.