We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

USAParis.com: Our recent experience

New York, USA
Level Contributor
27 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
USAParis.com: Our recent experience

There have been three recent threads on tripadvisor regarding this Florida-based apartment rental agency.

Those threads included some negative feedback and many posts that were deleted by tripadvisor staff.

I contacted USAParis.com in early May and arranged to rent a one-bedroom apartment in the 6th for four days in early June. The agent I spoke with at USAParis was helpful, courteous and offered a small discount on a newly-listed property he was anxious to fill.

I received their lengthy contract and reviewed it page by page with the agent. I paid a deposit by credit card (American Express, which protects customers against fraud, although other cards probably do, too.).

I understood that the balance would be charged to my card upon my arrival. In addition, USAParis took an authorization for $500 damage deposit, which was never charged to my card.

I arrived at my apartment and found it to be better than it had been described. The key was where it was supposed to be. The apartment was clean and all appliances worked. Wireless internet worked without a hitch. A telephone was available for local calls and for receiving calls.

I had a uniformly positive experience with USAParis and told them so upon my return. I am sorry to hear about others' negative experience and would be glad to provide more details about my rental, if it would be helpful to others. In addition, I'd like to hear from any recent USAParis clients: obviously, if others have had negative experiences, I would be reluctant to recommend them to friends.

Some of USAParis' properties seem to be co-listed with VRBO, but the price is lower on USAParis. Don't know why this should be.

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
481 reviews
from US$72.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,157 reviews
from US$108.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
570 reviews
from US$51.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
460 reviews
from US$330.30*
Great Falls, Montana
Level Contributor
190 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: USAParis.com: Our recent experience

We, too, have an apartment rented from USAParis during the last week in September.

I have dealt with the owner and the manager in Florida and have had very good luck with both.

The contract is a bit on the lengthy side but not so far out of whack that it couldn't be managed.

What I liked was that every single question I had about portions of the contract was answered thoroughly and pleasantly.

Of course the proof is in the pudding and that won't be served far another 11 weeks so we'll just have to wait and see.

I will post a review on the apartment upon our return.

Darks

forida
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: USAParis.com: Our recent experience

Hi,

Happy to see others with a good experience. I know that one bad mark can create a nightmare in this business,since I myself rent places.

I think many people do not understand that anyone of us can sign our properties to VRBO and other sites and run whatever kind of special we choose, THESE ARE OUR PROPERTIES..

We can pay and advertise anywhere and create special all over the internet. We are not exclusive with VRBO, this is just another form of advertising..If today I feel like selling my places for half price,I can do this..

So every skeptic on here and people trying to hurt people who work really hard,should stop and think.

The other thing I would like people to know, I own four places and people come from all over the world. Most people have no complaints. But, I do get people that are not happy with anything and can make life miserable. They do not like the quality of sheets or the wine glassed are to thick..Give me a break..

Most of us in this business work our tails off to keep these places in great shape.We can not always be there and depend on feedback from our customers.

But, to slander people with out having facts is not right.

I rented from USAPARIS.COM ,I loved the place that I rented from USAPARIS ,Loved the area. The people I dealt with were so helpful. Yes,the contract was long. But, being an owner I can certainly understand why someone would have a contract like this.

Vacationers are renting million $$ properties and can do anything the choose..including taking things...I understand.

If you have concerns, take out vacation insurance,I have used it and it works very well.

I would be very happy to recommend them to friends and have. Each person has been very happy with the experience.

I would rather deal with an American Company than a French Company. I have used French based companies with nothing but problems.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
896 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: USAParis.com: Our recent experience

Good point yvettemaui. With everyone being a critic, it is easy to take one black mark and have it mask 10 years of hard work. In this age of immediate information there is no easy way to filter out / average out truth from fiction easily. Some people might say this is a good stick to hold over owners but perhaps is an extreme one. Sometimes there are people who will never be pleased or just love to grind that axe. Though very rare, they shouldn't carry the weight that they do.

Well, enough philosophy. It is what it is.

nashville
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: USAParis.com: Our recent experience

I am not sure good reviews wash out an experience where the agency cancels a contract because they have decided to rent the apartment to someone else for more money

It is one thing to have a dirty apartment (if it is dealt with) or some particular defect in the place -- but someone who will not honor their contracts is not someone I want to do business with regardless of how many lovely experiences other people had. It is my understanding that that is what happened to the poster posting the negative experience.

forida
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: USAParis.com: Our recent experience

Again,

I have had to cancel a rental and that was exactly what the customer thought...They ASSUMED I got more money from someone else. This was not the case. WE had water damage from another customer.

This winter since the economy was so bad, I had to take a major cut to sell 6 weeks, that money certainly covered my bills. The contract was not to honored until summer,it would have been very easy to get more money. But, this is not how we run our rentals.

Another thing travels should understand, My places are along the shore in Ct...People come from all over the world...People look at the pictures and love the place and get there and the place is not the fantasy they has created in their mind...The weather may be humid and their allergies act up.

Or the house has been shut up and just needs the air conditioner turned on...They decided its not the place for them. So they want their money back.This could be a prime week. I do this as my living..One week that could have been rented to anohter person.They does not understand that the shoreline is damp during the summer..So they can charge back their credit card and we are not protected.

Well guess what USAPARIS contract my be long...But it looks like they deal with hundreds of happy customers and day..I would want a contract and a lawyer on my side to deal with people .

But, people ASSUME things that are not always the case.

WORDS are powerful

Again, if people ASSUME this is what happened . Do these people know these things as fact ...OR AGAIN DO THEY ASSUME.

The vacation rental business is changing, So much competition and people can post whatever they want, with out knowledge to if they have even been there or if they are competitors..

I have been in the business for 4 years and this year I have decided to rent my places long term after the season.

Why? Because you can not keep everyone happy. I left my vacation home in Guilford Ct with my painter and cleaner...The place looked beautiful..I was happy.

Someone checked in hours later and did not like the thickness of the glasses and the sheets..

You can be the nicest friendly, person, with a beautiful property and you will still have people complaining..

Remember is is a bad economy, and people will do anything to try to get money back.

I think the next project I work on is the life as a vacation owner. Usaparis has it right..

They have a contract that covers themselves and others..

But, for me I am done with vacation rentals..

New York, USA
Level Contributor
27 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: USAParis.com: Our recent experience

It seems to me this thread has gotten very off-topic.

I originated the thread after returning from Paris, where I had rented a property through USAParis.com.

I had also looked into various other agencies, including VRBO. Upon my return, I found several threads on this site critical of USAParis. I merely wanted to relate our experience, so others could choose an apartment rental based upon balanced reviews.

forida
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: USAParis.com: Our recent experience

I hear you, I was still responding to the reasons people post negative comments..

Trying to help people that may have read bad comments about the nature of the business..

8. Re: USAParis.com: Our recent experience

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2011, 12:04
9. Re: USAParis.com: Our recent experience

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2010, 05:16