We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lockers in Paris?

Canada
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Topic
Lockers in Paris?

I've searched around for storage options in Paris and Cassis with no luck really. Basically, I'm leaving Paris for Cassis (outside Marseille) for about 5 days and then coming back to Paris to fly home. Since I'm treating my stay in Cassis as a hiking holiday, and because the hostel where I'm staying has no locks of any kind, I need to ditch as much stuff as possible.

My question is: are there inexpensive, self-serve lockers in Paris? Or failing that, Marseille? Or even Cassis? A small, ordinary sized gym locker would be okay at a pinch...though I'd rather go for a luggage locker.

I have looked for this information but not really found any options. Storing luggage with the tour groups mentioned on this board is expensive (25 euros for 5 days) and I was really hoping to find a locker for max 10 euros.

Canada
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lockers in Paris?

Just in case anyone else is also looking for storage options:

Blue Marble tours, as I said in my post, seems pricey, but given other alternatives, isn't bad I guess:

bluemarble.org/…BagBikeStorage does

For me, it would be 17 euros...although it might be more if the storage place is open long hours.

If anyone knows of self-storage lockers in Paris ANYWHERE, please post!

Thanks.

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lockers in Paris?

Westies, my son and I used a large locker which comfortably took our two suitcases at Gare du Nord - the charge was 9.50 euros for 48 hours, with a 5 euro charge for each day over. Not sure about the smaller lockers, but they certainly weren't very expensive (there were three sizes - small, medium and large). Expect an airport type scanner before you are allowed in and take small change. The lockers are downstairs from the main concourse, the entrance to the stairs being near the Haagen Dazs cafe.

Eindhoven...
Level Contributor
2,436 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lockers in Paris?

As far as I know, the "consignes automatiques" lockers at Gare du Nord have a time limit: 48 hours for some, 72 hours for others.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lockers in Paris?

I suppose you might be leaving out of Gare de Lyon to go to Cassis, so you might prefer to use the lockers there. Same system and rates as Gare du Nord, of course.

Canada
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Lockers in Paris?

Thanks for your replies. Yes, I'm taking the train out of Gare de Lyon. Chris49, do you mind telling me when you used the lockers at Gare du Nord?

I searched for locker info. on the sncf site and it stated that the major train stations hold luggage for 48 or 72 hours. It didn't mention the possibility of leaving luggage for longer.

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lockers in Paris?

Hi Westies, I know exactly when we used the locker, it was 8 July this year, so very recently. The instructions are printed in both English and French on the lockers.

7. Re: Lockers in Paris?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2010, 07:18