We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

crashing at gard du nord - waiting for train

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oregon
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
crashing at gard du nord - waiting for train

Hi,

We fly into CDG airport about 7:30 pm and are taking a train out the next day to Amsterdam at either 6:30 am or 9:30 am. Not enough time to stay anywhere nice and hotel near airport are more than we want to spend. Has anyone just crashed at the train station to wait for their train? Other ideas?

Thanks for your help.

Linda

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: crashing at gard du nord - waiting for train

The train station is closed from 1:30 a.m. to 5 a.m.

Is the Formule 1 hotel for 29€ at CDG above your budget? www.accorhotels.com

Level Contributor
1 post
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: crashing at gard du nord - waiting for train

We stay at the Hotel de l'europe which is 1 1/2 blocks from the Gare du Nord. It runs about $100/nite but is clean, convenient and very friendly.

Their email is hoteldeleurope@wanadoo.fr and maybe they will give you a good rate.

midlands
Level Contributor
33 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: crashing at gard du nord - waiting for train

Will be in similar situation soon. Anyone know if there are some decent showers around. Also noticed new type toilets don't work after dark.

Cambs
Level Contributor
177 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: crashing at gard du nord - waiting for train

Hi there. I would advise against attempting to crash at the Gare du Nord. It's not a very nice place at the best of times - worse at night I should think! You would do much better to follow the suggestions above re. hotels.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
638 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: crashing at gard du nord - waiting for train

If you sleep well on the plane and are not tired, maybe you could try hanging out at a nghtclub or cinema for the night. If you want to take a Thalys train, book as far in advance as possible, you can get a Smoove rate as low as 25 Euros. I don't think the Gare du Nord area is safe at night.

I see there may be two issues, the price of a hotel and also the fear of not waking up in time to catch the train due to jet lag.

6. Re: crashing at gard du nord - waiting for train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2010, 06:23