We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris and Nice Travel Help

san diego, ca
4 posts
Save Topic
Paris and Nice Travel Help

My friend and I are planning on going to Paris and Nice next week at the last minute. We'll only have about two full days in each (thinking 8/19-8/24 for total travel). I know this is not a lot of time. Any help you can give us would be great. I don't know where the best places are to stay, book flights, things to do, places to eat, nightlife, etc. We like being centrally located and enjoy the hustle of the city. However, we like to stay away from touristy restaurants, places.

Like a Local in Paris
Night Tours, City Tours, Private Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Bike Tours
SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Paris
City Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Paris by Tuktuk
City Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Factory Tours
Paris Bar Crawl
Bar, Club & Pub Tours
Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,383 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris and Nice Travel Help

I'do either one or the other but both in 4 days???

Unless you land in Paris and fly out from Nice (or the other way around).

Nice is 6.5 hrs by train from Paris or 1.5 hrs by air (lots of flights by Air France, especially departing Orly the closest airport to Paris)

You will be jet-lagged when you land and if you are lucky enough to land early in the AM in Paris that gives you 2 full days before leaving early in the AM for Nice (there are flights from 6AM I think).

Since you are a week away from hurry up on Expedia to see if you have both flights and hotels. Paris is not too crowded these days but Nice is pretty full I guess.

Any 2 or 3 stars hotel in the 6th or the 5th in Paris should be OK (try Hotel du Collège de France).

For Nice try the Mercure Promenade des Anglais, right on the beach.

san diego, ca
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris and Nice Travel Help

thanks, that's great advice! we're definitely going to fly into nice now and fly out of paris with an interim flight as well. we'll also definitely stay in the latin quarter! i just checked it out and it seems perfect for us!

3. Re: Paris and Nice Travel Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2010, 05:18
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question