We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CDG to Rennes

Lexington, NC
2 posts
Save Topic
CDG to Rennes

Hey, I am scheduled to arrive at CDG at 3:30pm (15h30) and I saw online the last TGV leaving from CDG to Rennes leaves at 6:27pm (18h27)

Do you think I will have enough time to go through customs and then purchase a ticket for the train to Rennes?

I know I could get a shuttle to Gare de Montparnasse if I needed to, but it would be more of a hassle, since I'm not staying anytime in Paris.

Washington state
Level Contributor
683 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CDG to Rennes

That should be plenty of time. The last 2 times I flew into CDG I had 90 minutes between landing and TGV departure, and it turned out to be plenty of extra time. Of course, both of my flights were on time. Still 3 hours is more than enough.

But if that's your last option, I would think you'd want to purchase the ticket and reservation before you leave for France (the TGV requires a reservation, as I'm guessing you've already learned about).

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CDG to Rennes

It's plenty of time IF your flight is on time. If you want to roll the dice you could buy a non-refundable PREMs ticket for as little as €22. If you buy a full fare ticket and miss your train I seem to recall that you forfeit a percentage of the fare but I don't recall the details.

BTW I just checked the timetable and the last train from CDG is showing as 18:24 not that it makes a lot of difference...

Lexington, NC
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: CDG to Rennes

Yeah, I knew that TGV was by reservation, but I was thinking they still sold tickets at the station up until 30 minutes from departure time.

I was thinking about buying a cart 12-25 also at the airport to try to save some money on my ticket and since I will be studying in Rennes for the next 9 months, it seems useful because many friends want to visit me, but dont care about anything other than Paris, so I'll have to make several trips from Rennes.

4. Re: CDG to Rennes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2010, 06:23