We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants near Hotel de Crillon

Birmingham, al
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Restaurants near Hotel de Crillon

Need recs for restaurants near Hotel de Crillon with a Friday arrival date. Not looking to go over the top price wise, just a place that can offer good food at reasonable rates--maybe a local's favorite?

CA
Level Contributor
7,957 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants near Hotel de Crillon

Le Soufle, on rue du Mont Thabor.

Metro Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,737 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants near Hotel de Crillon

The area by the Crillon is definitely not the best one for restaurants. I would walk to the Madeleine church nearby. There are lot of restaurants in the area between the Church and the Boulevard Haussmann North of it, also on the Boulevard Haussmann, the Boulevard de la Madeleine (to the right of the Church when facing it.).Also on rue St Honore, not far from the Crillon, but one has to walk several block East, well past Place Vendome. Don't mistake rue St Honore with rue du Faubourg St Honore, behind the Crillon, as that street is "posh central".

When you go to the Crillon don't forget to check the street to the left of it. It is always full of buses with loads of policemen armed to the teeth and eyes.. an interesting sight..

Denmark, Europe
Level Contributor
3,484 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants near Hotel de Crillon

Chez Flottes - a supercool bistrot just around the corner in Rue Cambon. They serve traditional Ayveron dishes, e.g. aligot - and lots of other brasserie delicacies. Very good winelist.

Supercozy ambiance in the bar - plus beautiful décor.

http://www.flottes.fr/anglais.html

http://www.flottes.fr/formules.html

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants near Hotel de Crillon

Maxim's is right around the corner on the same block.

Otherwise, you can just walk towards Place de l'Opéra along the Boulevard de la Madeleine, and you will quickly find something appealing.

Denmark, Europe
Level Contributor
3,484 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants near Hotel de Crillon

Royal Madeleine: an upscale, chic bistrot, between Place la Concorde and Place de la Madeleine.

www.royalmadeleine.com/english/indexen.html

You can see a video from Royal Madeleine here in Geobeats:

geobeats.com/videoclips/…french-bistro

I intend to go there - looks great !

Denmark, Europe
Level Contributor
3,484 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants near Hotel de Crillon

Is Maxims known for good food ?? I have only heard that it was rather "crap-in-stunning-décor". Have you been there to dine ??

(BTW, I have plans to go and see the Maxims Art Nouveau/Déco museum some day. Ever been at that ?)

Denmark, Europe
Level Contributor
3,484 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants near Hotel de Crillon

L’Ardoise

28, rue du Mont-Thabor

75001 Paris 01 42 96 28 18

Closed Sunday for lunch and all Mondays

Haven't been there yet, but have it on the list. Also around the corner, like Le Soufflé.

The reviews are great, despite the one who loathes the décor !

…cityvox.fr/restaurants_paris/…Avis-Lieu

fodors.com/world/…review-43472.html

cntraveller.co.uk/Special_Features/…

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants near Hotel de Crillon

We dined at Maxim's a few years ago and the food was outstanding. But, it's more a very special occasion sort of place. There's a casual restaurant next door, Minim's, that's much less pricey with excellent food.

Chez Flottes has been a "go to" place for many years. Menu is extensive and food is very reliable. It's a good place to know as it's open every day from early to late.

Birmingham, al
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants near Hotel de Crillon

Thank you for the replies--any others?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
447 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants near Hotel de Crillon

Many of these recommendations sound good. I’ll mention two where I have personally have dined (and I’ll put some of the others on my “to do” list -- but probably not not Maxim’s):

I agree with the recommendation of Le Soufflé. As the name suggests, this place serves all species of soufflé -- you can have one at each course if you wish. Rounding out the carte are numerous non-soufflé items, including beef and fish dishes, and seasonal appetizers such as white asparagus. For dessert, try the tarte fine aux pommes chaudes (a hot apple tart). 36 rue du Mont-Thabor (1st arrondissement), tel. 01.42.60.27.19. Open 12:00 noon-2:30 (lunch), 7:00-10:30 (dinner), closed Sun. & holidays.

Even nearer the Crillon -- within a block or so of Le Soufflé -- is Lescure. This cramped traditional bistro has been around for at least four decades. It serves good but not but not great fare. The country ambiance and friendliness of the place (especially if you are seated at the back communal table) and the reasonably prices make it very enjoyable. 7, rue de Mondovi, tel. 01.42.60.18.91.

Jake Dear

http://parisandbeyondinfrance.blogspot.com/