We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reasonable Train Tickets for the TGV for next week

FL
Level Contributor
156 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Reasonable Train Tickets for the TGV for next week

I think we've decided the TGV train from Paris to Marsaille would be best but we are going next week and the tickets jumped when I first looked from 220 euro to 418 euro? Is there any other place to get train tickets reasonably?

Thanks for all your suggestions, you are making planning much easier.

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
548 Reviews
from US$72.50*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower Tour and...
658 Reviews
from US$73.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,213 Reviews
from US$121.30*
Eiffel Tower and Louvre Museum...
821 Reviews
from US$123.80*
Canada
Level Contributor
125 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Reasonable Train Tickets for the TGV for next week

Did you try voyages.sncf.com? I checked next week, the lowest fare from Paris to Marseille = 80,90 euros and Saturday was 66,30 euros (per adult). HTH

Spruce Grove, Canada
Level Contributor
392 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reasonable Train Tickets for the TGV for next week

Look under tgv-europe.com and give your country of residence as Great Britain. I see one way tickets Paris to Marseilles as low as E80,90 one way per person leaving September 8

FL
Level Contributor
156 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reasonable Train Tickets for the TGV for next week

Is the IDTGV the same thing as the regular train other than the louder area and quiter area. We can book those tickets for 35 euros each?

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reasonable Train Tickets for the TGV for next week

See your other thread.

5. Re: Reasonable Train Tickets for the TGV for next week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2010, 08:16