We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Museum Pass and Under 26's

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
86 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Museum Pass and Under 26's

Hi all,

Leaving early tomorrow morning for my flight to CDG- feeling really excited now!

As we are only in Paris for 2 nights and 3 days we don't want to spend all our time queuing for Museums etc so I was considering (it only entered my mind today!!) buying a 2 day Museum pass.

My boyfriend is over 26 and I am under 26 so my understanding is that I would not need to purchase a museum pass as I am an EU citizen and should get in for free.

What I want to know is if my boyfriend does gets a museum pass would I still have to queue or can I show someone my passport and go on through like him?

Thank you soooooo much for your help.

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
15,828 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Museum Pass and Under 26's

You get to go in with him.

Illinois
Level Contributor
16,429 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Museum Pass and Under 26's

Children under 18 do not have to wait in the main line. Sometimes there was a shorter line to wait in to get the free ticket for under 18s. I would think under 26 would work the same way, but not sure. You could ask when you buy the pass.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
86 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Museum Pass and Under 26's

Thanks for the quick responses.

I know that Le Louvre doesn't offer a free rate for under 26 year olds except on a Friday evening, however, would anyone know offhand if I would get in free to all these other destinations:

Versailles

Notre Dame

St Chapelle

Conceirgerie

Arc de Triomphe

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,055 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Museum Pass and Under 26's

It would be best to consult the websites for the venues you plan to visit for information, as many require a ticket for entrance, even though you don't have to pay for it.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
694 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Museum Pass and Under 26's

Could someone please explain this to me.... Am i correct in saying 2 people under the age of 26 get in for one pass?

thanks

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
86 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Museum Pass and Under 26's

Thanks- I was trying to be lazy and not bother looking and rely on other people's experience haha

:-)

I'll take a look at the websites before I head off.

Thanks everyone

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Museum Pass and Under 26's

Just wanted to put my view on here as I'm not long back from Paris, having visited with my 21 year old son. I bought the four day museum pass – my son didn't need one as he is a EU passport holder and got in free for most sites. Dafosham, he got in free at St Chapelle, Conciergerie and Arc de Triomphe. We didn't visit Versailles so I have no view on that, and Notre Dame, although we wanted to go up the towers, it would have been free for him, but even with a museum pass, you must wait in a queue which was very long, so we didn't stay.

Unfortunately, phread, I don't think at all times you get to go in with your Museum pass holder partner. At the Rodin museum, I had to wait in line with him to get his free ticket. At the Arc de Triomphe, we were going to have to wait, but a young lady staff member trying to get the queue moving, gave him a ticket and we by-passed the line. At the Conciergerie and St Chapelle there was practically no lines, so again, he got his ticket while I waited only minutes. At the Orsay, it's the same line for "free" and "museum pass holders".

PamelaxM, any person under the age of 26 with an EU passport gets in to most of the various sites for free. so there is no need to buy even one pass.

8. Re: Museum Pass and Under 26's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2010, 06:20