We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help with apartment rentals

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
768 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Need help with apartment rentals

Hi all,

Thanks for your help I have finally narrowed it down to these several choices. Have any of you had experience with any of these apartments? I will be in Paris with my wife and my toddler son in November. Any advice is appreciated.

From vrbo.com:

http://www.vrbo.com/140430

From parisforrent.com:

parisforrent.com/paris-apartment-rentals/…

From vacationinparis.com:

www.vacationinparis.com/apts/id_120.htm

www.vacationinparis.com/apts/id_129.htm

From parisperfect.com:

parisperfect.com/apartments-for-rent-in-pari…

We are kind of leaning toward to the vrbo property and are open to any recommendations you might have.

Thanks,

Edward

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
768 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help with apartment rentals

Help please! Anyone? Thanks in advance.

Philadelphia, PA
Destination Expert
for Cassis, Marseille, Manosque, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
1,666 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help with apartment rentals

Hello,

As one DE put it, DEs are not employees of TA but volonteers who are willing to help people with their travel questions, on our own time. Thus, if your request is too vague or requests research, chances are you will not get a response. For each of these apartments give the precise street address, with the postal code which will indicate the arrondissement 750xx, and the nearest metro.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,147 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help with apartment rentals

You might want to try a search...Vacation in Paris, ParisPerfect, etc.

We stayed in a Paris Perfect apartment three times and were very pleased. We especially enjoyed the location with half a dozen or more bus routes nearby (preferable to the metro, especially with a toddler) and wonderful food shopping in every direction. But, our unit had a straight on view of the Tour Eiffel from every room and a lovely balcony with table for two.

Especially with a child, when choosing an apartment, it's best to have excellent food shopping within steps rather than blocks, along with convenient metro/bus stops/lines.

As for the VRBO property, you'd want to get the specific address. "Nestled on the edge of The Marais" is much to vague and the "edge" could be a much less desireable (or even undesirable) area than others in the Marais. It's a bit odd that a map is provided, but the location of the property is not indicated.

With a toddler, you might also want to be within a short walk of a park/playgound. There are many in Paris, some of them "pocket" parks, with hi-tech playgound equipment for the little ones.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,147 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help with apartment rentals

I would add to what Lou pointed out...do you really expect that anyone has experience with any or all of those specific apartments or has the ambition to take a look at each one and evaluate them for you?

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
768 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help with apartment rentals

I am sorry I wasn't clear about my request. Here is more info:

The "vrbo" property is on Rue de la Reynie in the 4th and got several positive reviews.

The "paris for rent" property is near Rue de Seine and Rue Lobineau in the 6th.

The first "vacationinparis" property is near Rue St. Dominique and Rue Amelie in the 7th.

The second "vacationinparis" property is on rue Guisarde in the 6th.

The "parisperfect" property is on ave. rapp in the 7th.

I apologize if I came across as not wanting to do the work myself. That wasn't my intention at all.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,159 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help with apartment rentals

LAX-HKG,

I like all of the apartments. You've chosen well.

I would eliminate the parisforrent and the first vacationinparis because they are smaller.

With a toddler you might like to be near the Luxembourg Gardens. That would be the second vacationinparis unit. That and the vrbo are in central locations where you can walk to many of the sights. Of course, the parisperfect apartment is lovely but the location may not be the most central with a toddler.

I don't think you'll be disappointed in any of your choices though--all are in good areas for visitors.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,147 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need help with apartment rentals

But, what do you want to know?

This is a broad range of properties/locations...

I would line off the VRBO property, as it's so far to the "edge" of the Marais as to not really be located within what is generally considered to the that neighborhood.

I think you'll find the St-Germain neighborhood locations a bit too noisy, busy, congested.

Though many disparage the 7th as Rick Steves territory, the neighborhood is really well suited to parent with a toddler.

I would choose the ParisPerfect property over the VIP for the "luxury" ammenities, more beautiful decor, and higher quality furnishings, along with space, light...

Having stayed on the corner where the PP apartment is located, I can tell you that the food shopping alone a huge advantage here. Within steps are a patisserie/boulangerie (with prepared salads, sandwiches, etc., in addition to fabulous breads and pastries), a rotisserie chicken shop (also with prepared "sides"), a G20 grocery store (for water, juice and other beverages, cereal, etc.). So, even if you don't plan to do any cooking, you can stock up on beverages, snacks, simple to prepare items, wonderful preprepared foods to reheat. There's also a Richard's coffee emporium with magnificent coffees and teas. Everything imaginable can be found by wandering a bit farther, including a Picard frozen food emporium (and not what you would presume).

PP provides an amazing guide (ahead of time) for what's in the neighborhood, along with seeing/doing in Paris. In the apartment, there's also a detailed manual for operating everything (operating French appliances can be impossible). All their properties come with a Nespresso coffee maker (awesome), along with a regular drip pot. The kitchen is fully equipped. They also provide a welcome basket with milk, juice, water, wine, laundry detergent, etc. Their service is exemplary. They have an office in the neighborhood that is staffed with English speaking people should you have any problems (you likely won't) or questions. There's a DVD player (great for entertaining the little one, bring favorites).

This neighborhood is quieter, so more suitable for families.

The only possible disadvantage to the PP property would be if you plan to use the Metro exclusively, as the nearest stations are a bit of a hike.

But, I've always much preferred the buses to the Metro, and there are routes nearby that go all over. With the buses, you avoid the stairs, hallways, long connections, mobbed cars, "aroma", and pickpockets, involved in using the Metro.

San Diego
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need help with apartment rentals

I agree with Ting. Either the VRBO property or VIP 129 look like the best bet. Both locations are excellent.

You must have spend quite a bit of time to research and find these 5 excellent properties.

Have a great trip

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
723 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need help with apartment rentals

Hi Edward,

The vrbo apartment looks very nice and is in a good location, so if you like that one.......

It is just steps from the Beaubourg, from Châtelet on line 1 which will connect you with everywhere you could ever want to go in Paris, and as the site states it is just on the edge of the Marais, so I would think that you would be happy there.

Bus vs metro is just a personal preference. They both have their good and bad points. They both have crowds and pickpockets. I think the metros are part of the whole Paris experience, and that you should always look for a hotel or apartment that has a metro station nearby.

The formats are different on French and American DVD players, so don't bring along DVDs to watch.

Have a wonderful vacation with your family in Paris. November is a great time to come as you will have most tourist sites to yourselves, but it will be much colder than you are used to in Los Angeles, so dress warm and have fun.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
768 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need help with apartment rentals

Thanks everyone for your advice. That helped us a great deal. I will let you know which one is the "winner".