We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

supermarkets near apartment

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
chicago il usa
Level Contributor
39 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
supermarkets near apartment

This is our first trip to Paris. We are renting an apartment near the louvre 274 rue Saint Honore to be exact. Are there any reasonable supermarkets/grocery stores and pastry places closeby. Also is there a catholic church in the vicinity. We are arriving on Sun and would like to get mass somewhere. Thanks a million

Paris 4th Arr
Level Contributor
7,257 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: supermarkets near apartment

We lived just a couple of blocks from there. Great area!

Yes, there's a big MonoPrix supermarket a just north of your apartment. There are also dozens of great food shops, boulangeries and boucheries concentrated around there. A block away on rue Marché St-Honoré there is possibly the finest sea food merchant in Paris and a specialty boucher that sells excellent roast chicken.

The Église Saint-Roch, an incredibly beautiful church, is almost literally outside your front door.

chicago il usa
Level Contributor
39 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: supermarkets near apartment

Thank you so much.Since you live close by can you recommend the easiest way to get to Notre Dame by bus from the apartment. I am travelling with my elderly aunt and mom both of whom cannot walk too far.I understand that bus 72 and 69 both go from the louvre to the eiffel tower so we are covered on that trip. Merci

Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,290 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: supermarkets near apartment

Bus no 69 will bring you from Louvres to Champ de Mars. There are actually 3 stops in the Louvres area (Louvres-Rivoli, PalaisRoyal-Musée du Louvre and Musée du Louvre).

Bus 69 (direction Gambetta) will bring you to Hotel-de-Ville stop kinda close to Notre-Dame. It can be taken along the ASeine not very far from the Musée du Louvre stop (direction Champ de Mars)

chicago il usa
Level Contributor
39 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: supermarkets near apartment

Thank you so much

Great Barrington...
Level Contributor
4,242 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: supermarkets near apartment

Supermarkets are usually closed on Sundays.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
6,995 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: supermarkets near apartment

It is easy to find any business on Google. I'll walk you thru it:

Go to Google

Click maps

enter your paris address

click "show search options" a pull down will appear!

Click "Business"

Enter "grocer" beside your address

click search maps

Voila!!

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: supermarkets near apartment

>>>Supermarkets are usually closed on Sundays.<<<

Many of the smaller supermarkets are open on Sunday mornings as are most boulangeries and other smaller specialized food shops. Some of the smaller shops (not supermarkets) are open all day. There is, for example, a Monoprix on rue Montorgueil that I am pretty sure is open on Sunday mornings.

chicago il usa
Level Contributor
39 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: supermarkets near apartment

Thank you so much

9. Re: supermarkets near apartment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2010, 05:16