We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

charles de gaulle airport

paris
5 posts
Save Topic
charles de gaulle airport

whats the best way to come onto the city from cdg..is the rer good and where does ot arrive in paris..also how much would a cab be from the airport to saint lazare

SFpeninsula
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: charles de gaulle airport

For me, the best way from CDG to the core of

Paris is by taxi parisian, out gate 18 to the

line. 2 of us with luggage to the 6th was

E38.40.

Level Contributor
5,896 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: charles de gaulle airport

I agree with Randy_Silver_Photo. I prefer to take the official, licensed taxis, Taxi Parisien. Very fast, convenient. I usually pay a little over 45 euro and it was the same fare from CDG to the 4th - 6th for me.

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
416 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: charles de gaulle airport

This is vote #3 for Parisien taxis. In Sept we paid in the neighborhood of 40 euros for the two of us (and two heavy bags) to the 5th. If you want to get into town quick and easy, it's the way to go. We paid a little less on the return trip to CDG, probably because it was very early in the morning and town traffic was light.

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
577 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: charles de gaulle airport

I am thinking about using a taxi too, since it seems to be the quickest and most reliable from comments on tripadvisor, but I wanted to know from the experts about the size of the vehicles. I remember from my teens that cars in France are small. There will be two of us with two very large suitcases and two carry-on suitcases. Will there be room in the taxi for all of that and us too?

Coeur D'alene, Idaho
Level Contributor
579 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: charles de gaulle airport

<<There will be two of us with two very large suitcases and two carry-on suitcases. Will there be room in the taxi for all of that and us too?>>

Four of us -- two adults and two teenagers, with too many bags (one large roller bag and at least one carry-on each) took a taxi a few months ago. Upon exiting the airport a man tried to get us to take his "private service" for 65 Euros (I think) and told us we had no choice because the taxis aren't big enough for all of our luggage and us. I gambled and passed on the offer and we went to the official taxi stand. It took about 15 minutes for a car large enough, but they definitely have them and we saved money.

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
416 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: charles de gaulle airport

Mediamama.....We also had two very large rolling suitcases. The poor cabbies almost got hernias, but they fit them in the trunk just fine. We kept our carry-on bags inside with us.

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
577 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: charles de gaulle airport

Thanks KirkandMimi and LovesChopin. I was afraid we might have to go by van. We will look for a large cab.