We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone know about the Hotel Henry IV Gauche?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Long Island, NY
7 posts
Save Topic
Anyone know about the Hotel Henry IV Gauche?

Im planning on going in the beginning of Dec and want to see alot of sites in walking distance. Is it a good location? And, do I have to ask for a shower?

Coeur D'alene, Idaho
Level Contributor
579 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone know about the Hotel Henry IV Gauche?

I haven't stayed there, so I can't help you on the shower part, but I can tell you without question that the location is EXCELLENT. Perfect spot for walking the city. I know a few regulars on the board have stayed there and raved about it, and I have every intention of staying there on my next visit. Seems very reasonably priced, too.

They have a website

http://www.hotel-henri4.com

Level Contributor
3,493 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone know about the Hotel Henry IV Gauche?

I had friends stay there once...excellent hotel, excellent location, excellent staff, really nice place. I think you'll be happy.

Les

Long Island, NY
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone know about the Hotel Henry IV Gauche?

Thanks for the info!!!

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
416 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone know about the Hotel Henry IV Gauche?

Hi, Barb -

Spent 8 days at the Henri IV Rive Gauche just last month. Loved everything about it! We had a twin-bedded room with a great view of St. Severin church, directly across the street. Enjoyed looking at it every day.

Hotel is new (about 2003)and everything is fresh and clean. What they show and say on their website is what you get. They do have rooms with showers, I think, but ours had the tub/shower combination with the partial door of glass.

Even though Rue St. Jacques is a rather busy street, the windows are glazed, or double-thick, and we never had any problem at all sleeping. I rather doubt you'd want to do this in December, but we enjoyed leaving them open until bedtime.

Location is prime! You're so close to so many things. Make a right turn as you leave the hotel, walk one block north and there's the Seine. Several more steps across the Petit Pont and you're standing in front of Notre Dame. Turn left as you walk out of the hotel and in about a block-and-a-half you're on Blvd. St. Germain. There are numerous cafes, restos, bistros, crepe stands everywhere.

The St. Michel metro is close and the St. Michel/Notre Dame RER is just up the street on the Quai St. Michel. This RER takes you to the Eiffel Tower and Versailles. L'Open tour bus stops almost across the street from the hotel.

If this is your first trip to Paris, this is a perfect area. We plan to stay at the Henri IV next time too.

Staff is very good and a couple of them speak excellent English. No problem there.

Have you read its reviews on Trip Advisor? I plan to post my own but just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Temple Terrace, Fl
Level Contributor
572 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone know about the Hotel Henry IV Gauche?

I am booked there for 4 days of our trip in June. The other 3 we are staying at another hotel because I couldn't make up my mind.

Level Contributor
5,896 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone know about the Hotel Henry IV Gauche?

I've read so many favorable comments about this hotel lately. As mentioned, the location is in the heart of the Latin Quarter. Also the owners also own two of the nicest Ile St. Louis hotels, Hotel de Lutece and Hotel des Deux Iles. I stayed at the Lutece last December and the hotel is excellent, simply decorated with antiques, and homey and very clean. Therefore, I assume the same applies for the Hotel Henri IV Rive Gauche also.