We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Segway through Paris?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane
Level Contributor
104 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Segway through Paris?

Hi Guys,

I was looking at doing a segway tour through Florence however after asking on TA i didn't recieve very good feedback (eventhough i have read rave reviews) as I was told that the footpaths are much too narrow etc. Could anybody that has done one of these tours in Paris advise me on what they're like there?/if they are worth the money??

Thanks i advance!

Amanda.

ezs
Manalapan, NJ
Level Contributor
294 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Segway through Paris?

The Segway tour in Paris was soooo much fun. I would highly recommend it as an activity, but not as the main way to see and experience the city. I believe we took the evening tour from Fat Tire Tours.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,665 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Segway through Paris?

I've done the day tour 3 times the past 3 summers.

I would buy one in a minute if they were legal where

I live.

FatTire has a route specifically designed so you're on wide sidewalks or bike paths.

If you want more info you can check their site at

http://citysegwaytours.com/paris

Ask away if you have any other questions for the forum.

Rob

Brisbane
Level Contributor
104 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Segway through Paris?

Yeah they look like heaps of fun!

Do you recommend the day or night tour?

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
20,949 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Segway through Paris?

Just went on 4th Segway tour in Paris two weeks ago. Amazing fun!

I like the evening tour because you leave in the daylight and return after dark when the lights have been turned on all over - just magical!

Especially nice is the view of the Pont Alexandre III all lit up with the Tour Eiffel sparkling beyond from the Passerelle between Musee du Louvre and Musee d'Orsay. You can also see to Notre Dame. All awesome!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
282 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Segway through Paris?

My wife and I went on the Segway tour in Paris last year. We did not find them as much fun as we anticipated and was a bit pricey. However, saying that - it is an experience that you shoud have, if not in Paris somewhere.

Mykonos, Greece
Level Contributor
549 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Segway through Paris?

It's super fun. Do the day tour. Take lots of pics!

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Segway through Paris?

I did the night Segway tour a few weeks ago. It was the highlight of my time in Paris. Our group had a great guide, John Paul, who was very considerate and cautious with our group. As another poster mentioned, we too left in the daylight and returned after dark. We experienced a most memorable magic moment from atop a bridge over the Seine just as the lights of the entire city came on for the evening. Take the tour--it is money very well spent and really not that expensive when you consider what you might spend just sitting in a cafe for the same amount of time.

New York City
Level Contributor
77 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Segway through Paris?

I just came back from Paris yesterday and our first tour was the daytime Segway tour through Paris. It was a major highlight of our trip. My sister and I had a ball. Our tour guide was Jackson, a young man who was a great teacher and had lots of patience with our class. He took us to see the Eiffel Tower, Invalides, Place de Concorde, Tuileries, the Louvre etc. It was well worth the money paid ($107 per person) and I would do it again. I wish I could buy a Segway to travel through NYC.

Do it and you won't regret it.

STACEY

9. Re: Segway through Paris?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2010, 05:17