We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife close to The Westin hotel?

London, United...
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Nightlife close to The Westin hotel?

Hi all,

I have booked a room in The Westin next Saturday just for the one night. I've only been to Paris once before and that was 2 years ago, so I dont know the city at all!

I'm just looking for some advice really.... I am 25 and looking for a good bar/club/nightout and have read that the Bastille and Latin Quarter areas offer the best nightlife for my age group .

My question is, how far are these areas from The Westin, are they walkable, or do I need to take a taxi/Metro? If anybody can offer any suggestions within a walkable distance to The Westin as well then that would be appreciated!

I am not looking for a ridiculously expensive nightout as I have enough of that in London!!!

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,795 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nightlife close to The Westin hotel?

I'm not sure this big link will come out but it's from "Map This Hotel" for the Westin...

http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll?qscr=dspv&itty=new&from=m&shtl=1&htid=20051&crti=1&mdpcid=21187-1.ExpediaHotelMapsUS|%20Hotel_Review|%20none&eapid=21187-1

You are 1 mile from the Pont Neuf. If you walk across it and then do another mile up, for example, the rue de Seine you are on the Blvd St Germain in the 6th. There are many cafes, bars, brasseries in this area where you can eat and/or drink.

hth

Pjk

washington, dc
Level Contributor
90 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nightlife close to The Westin hotel?

One block from the Westin is the Hotel Costes which has a very popular and swanky nightclub/bar. Maybe pricier than you are looking for but very close by and could be some entertaining people watching. Also look for Harry's Bar, which is walking distance, sort of near the Opera, and do a search for an Australian rugby bar within walking distance (sorry can't remember the name). Also, Carr's is an Irish pub in the same general area near the Westin. These last three obviously not French so not as atmospheric. Metro runs til 1:00 a.m. after that hard to find a taxi, unless you rent a bike at the velo stand behind the Westin??? Not sure how that works though.

Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nightlife close to The Westin hotel?

The Westin, eh? You've done very well, already.

It's a short walk over to the Ritz, where Diana spent her last evening. Actually, the tunnel isn't too far, either. And Hemingway liked the cozy bar in the back. Not the nightlife you had in mind, but definitely memorable. And the Ritz is, for every reason. Including its arcade. (Don't worry about being tempted. They might as well be museum pieces...)

Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nightlife close to The Westin hotel?

To clarify, there are two lounges in the Ritz.

5. Re: Nightlife close to The Westin hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2010, 05:23