We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Charles de Gaulle Terminals

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
29 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Charles de Gaulle Terminals

Greetings! I am traveling to Paris with a friend but we are arriving on 2 separate airlines. She arrives in to terminal 1 and I arrive in to 2 Terminal, G. Does anyone know where a good meeting place will be? Will we both end up going through customs at the same place? I just want to be sure I will be able to find her once we land. I have been to Paris one other time and I remember taking a bus or 2 once I got off the plane.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

MD
Level Contributor
694 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Charles de Gaulle Terminals

Following advice we got on this thread, we told our friend arriving at Terminal 1 to find the McDonald's (there's only one in that terminal) and to stay parked there till we came for her via the CDG-VAL.

We agreed with her in advance that one of us would go looking for her because she was more of a CDG novice and her plane was to arrive an hour later than ours. CDG is confusing and gigantic so you don't want both people wandering around looking for each other. We arrived at 2E on time, picked up our luggage, and then checked on her plane's actual arrival time. (She was to do the same for our plane.) We had Plan B and Plan C ready just in case either plane was late, but Plan A worked.

If we'd both had cell phones we wouldn't have needed to get so detailed.

If you're taking a bus or train to Paris, somebody on TripAdvisor will probably know an unmistakable landmark near there where you can meet.

The official maps of CDG are incomplete and confusing. I disagree with people who say CDG is well signed. Every trip it seems like we land in a different place and enter by a different door. On arrival last time we were part of a horde slogging through the airport for 20 minutes not knowing what we were doing, just hoping we were following somebody who did know what they were doing that would get us to the baggage claim eventually.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Charles de Gaulle Terminals

Don't follow stupid people! Follow the signs!

USA
Level Contributor
27,107 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Charles de Gaulle Terminals

From the new CDG #2-G (which is detached from the rest of CDG #2) you will need to take a #3-shuttle bus (navette) across to the CDG #2-TGV/RER station (located between CDG #2-E&F and CDG#2-C&D) and then take the free CDGVAL shuttle/train across the airport to the CDG #1 terminal building. (CDGVAL shuttle/train replaces most of the old, inter-terminal shuttle buses) From the CDGVAL shuttle/train station, simply come up to the Boutique level of the terminal and look for your friend. The McDONALD's at CDG #1 is as good a place (certainly familiar to every American) as any to meet...and easily enough identified and found.

Your friend will have to clear French Customs at CDG #1...before heading down the 'habitrail' escalators to the Boutique level, where the McDONALD's is located.

CDG Airport Map & Terminal Building Diagrams--

aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/…maps.htm

MD
Level Contributor
694 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Charles de Gaulle Terminals

Kerouac, those stupid people were smarter than me!

5. Re: Charles de Gaulle Terminals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2010, 06:17