We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant le 58 at the Eiffel tower

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Little Rock...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant le 58 at the Eiffel tower

Does anyone have a review of this restaurant le 58 at the Eiffel Tower? Food quality ? Value for the money? I KNOW the view is exceptional ! If we make reservations, do we have to still pay the toll to get to the restaurant ? THanks in advance for an answer - we will be there in two weeks.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,034 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant le 58 at the Eiffel tower

The view is not so exceptional - toward Place du Trocadero. This level is not high enough for exceptional views due to obstructions - trees and buildings.

Do a search on this forum for the restaurant. I've yet to see a favorable review.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,667 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant le 58 at the Eiffel tower

You might want to check out le Ciel de Paris atop the Montparnasse tower. It has the added advantage of having a view of the Eiffel Tower. ;^)

Here's a link to a review:

http://tinyurl.com/ca7ect

Seal Beach...
Level Contributor
1,123 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant le 58 at the Eiffel tower

I just had lunch there on 28 October. There are good points and bad:

GOOD

1. You can make reservations and prepay online.

2. Best of all, you do not have to wait in the lines to go up the Tour. I was directed to a special ticket booth (no line) where I paid 4.5 euro for a lift ticket that allowed me to go to the second level as well as the first. I was then directed to the east elevator and when showing my reservation, was put in a seperate path with no line at all to the elevator. I was up within 5 minutes from arriving at the tour.

3. I disagree about the view. I was seated at a window table with a BEAUTIFUL view of the Seine and beyond that the Palais de Chaillot. It was a clear, sunny day and spectacular.

BAD

1. They have an unusual ordering system. I had prepaid for a 3 course menu (first course, main dish, and dessert). They give you a menu and instruct you to proceed to an open kitchen area to request your selections. You are given your first course and dessert in plastic containers in a metal "picnic" basket and told your main course will brought to your table. I am not a big fan of eating food out of plastic containers. The good news is my wine selections did come in a real glass! Even the mainh course was delivered in a plastic container.

Overall, it was worth 22 euros not to wait in the lines, which were enormous on the day I was there. The website does say the restaurant is a brasserie at night, so that might be a better option. The food wasn't great, but it was good.

Hope this helps!

Nancy

Peak District...
Level Contributor
102 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant le 58 at the Eiffel tower

Hi Nancy

If you don't mind me asking, what site did you book your lunch on and how much was it?

Thanks

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
18,679 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant le 58 at the Eiffel tower

Dennis, the restaurant "58 Tour Eiffel" has a website on which you can check the menu and book on-line

restaurants-toureiffel.com/english/restauran…

Peak District...
Level Contributor
102 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant le 58 at the Eiffel tower

Thanks for that - I've looked and the lunches on the 3 days we are there are fully booked - drat. Does anyone know how many seats they have, do they only let so many pre-book. Basically will I be able to get there early and still get a table without booking?

If not looks like we'll have to take our own "picnic" up and munch on a pain chocolat whilst enjoying the view outside :O(

Thanks

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant le 58 at the Eiffel tower

For a cheap eat and view of the Tower, head to Cite de la Architecture (from Trocadero facing ET, on the left). Cafe Carlu has sandwiches, savory tarts for lunch and pretty inexpensive. You have to carry your own tray but it is inside and great view.

8. Re: Restaurant le 58 at the Eiffel tower

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2010, 05:16