We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

paris and london

Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Topic
paris and london

HI

I am considering an 8 day Collette tour to Paris and London in June.

I wonder if anyone ahs any info to share regarding Collette Tour company (good or bad experiences)and also regarding the Tour I am looking into. It is called THE TALE OF TWO CITIES. Put together by A&E HISTORY CHANNEL.

Any info is appreciated

thank you

Florida
Level Contributor
17,117 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: paris and london

here are some comments:

http://www.epinions.com/166154703745-Collette_Vacations/display_~reviews

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,945 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: paris and london

bumping this up so you can hopefully get some more replies!

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,945 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: paris and london

bumping this up so you can hopefully get some more replies!

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
163 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: paris and london

Here is more on Collette:

www.travelmb.com/viewforum.php…

Pasadena, CA
Level Contributor
853 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: paris and london

michigander2, I saw your question for me on the other post, I'll be responding on this post.

I'm not sure about weather in June, I was only in Paris in July and then November. July was hot, and November was getting cold. We went last year, and had a wonderful time. We stayed at the 1st district, near the Lourve, Orsay museum, and Opera House. If you get a chance, visit the Orsay museum, which also has some beautiful collection of art. As for tours, we actually just bought our tours when we were already there in the city. If you get a chance, visit Versailles. I also enjoyed visiting Sacre Coeur. The church is beautiful, and the views from there is also wonderful!

In London, I've been there in Nov and July as well. My 3rd visit to London this coming Saturday. I love strolling the parks in London and just taking a break at a pub. If you can, take a day trip to Windsor Castle/Eton. I also enjoyed the Tower of London and viewing the crown jewels.

Since you will be visiting the 2 cities in June, you might want to do a river cruise in both cities.

As for money, I still have some euros/pounds left from last year so I will be taking them with me. Other than that, I usually use my ATM/Check Card and Credit Card when travelling to Europe. I don't take as much cash with me on hand.

You'll enjoy Paris and London ! The people in both cities are great and friendly!