We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport shuttle, again.....

Moe
Level Contributor
138 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Airport shuttle, again.....

There is so much talk on this forum re: airport shuttle service. Who should be used and those that should not. Actually, the "do not use' is the most common.

Would anyone know if it is possible to not prepay and still grab a shuttle upon arrival at CDG? Maybe then we would have better luck with a fast pick-up. Wondering if this is even possible?

Thanks...

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
491 reviews
from US$72.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,167 reviews
from US$109.40*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
585 reviews
from US$51.60*
Special Offer
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
464 reviews
from US$301.00*
US$334.40
Paris, France
Level Contributor
1,825 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport shuttle, again.....

Shuttle Inter does not require any pre-payment when you book, you pay cash at the end of your ride. It is not a shared shuttle, you are the only passengers, so no worries about having to pick up and drop off other people. This is especially important when going to the airport, where having to make a few stops to pick up other passengers could make you late.

Jo

Perth
Level Contributor
441 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport shuttle, again.....

We had a great experience with a shuttle service, and like that which JoDen used the company required no prepayment. We booked on the net, and the driver was there with a signboard waiting for us on arrival into Paris. We paid him cash when we arrived at our hotel, and arranged for a vehicle to collect us from an apartment at the end of our trip. The driver was smack bang on time for that pick-up, and got us to the airport in good time, whereupon we paid him in cash again. I will have to trawl through the details from last year to find the name of that company, but it was one recommended by TA members, and we were very happy with the service.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
23,128 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport shuttle, again.....

I recommend you do what the French do, take a taxi and avoid all shuttle services.

Perth
Level Contributor
441 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport shuttle, again.....

I think the word "shuttle" can be a bit misleading on this thread. The service which we had was classed as a "shuttle" but was in fact not a shared service type of thing such as you find if you book a "shuttle" transfer through a travel agency but was simply more of an airport transfer service. I wouldn't go in for a shared service because of the potential for delays etc.

NSW Australia
Level Contributor
473 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport shuttle, again.....

We also went with Shuttle-inter www.shuttle-inter.com Not a shared service and a very good reputaion. Would highly recommend

Moe
Level Contributor
138 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport shuttle, again.....

Thank You all for your thoughts.

We might as well take a taxi....Shuttle-Inter is about the same cost.

We leave Sunday, haven't been in Paris in 8 years, looking forward to out trip.

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
2,311 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport shuttle, again.....

I have had good experiences with Shuttle-Inter. Last trip into Paris during rush hour on a Mon. morning, it took 1.5 hrs. to get to our hotel; a taxi fare would have been way over the 55 euro I paid S-I.

toronto
Level Contributor
447 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport shuttle, again.....

another vote for shuttle inter bang on time both ways will use them again next year

cheers

jim

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,045 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport shuttle, again.....

I've been looking for shuttle services and this is just the info I need.

Colorado
Level Contributor
110 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport shuttle, again.....

I have used Shuttle-Inter and it was great for us too. The other choice worth looking at and what we almost used and comes highly recommended is Grey Shuttle. They don't require prepaying either. You pay after the service has been rendered.