We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to store luggage near airport?

Canada
Level Contributor
227 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to store luggage near airport?

Hello,

I'm hoping someone could provide some suggestions. My spouse and I will be arriving in Paris at CDG, however, we are then heading straight to Arras for a night. As we will be taking the train, we would rather leave our suit cases at the airport and pick them up on our way back to our hotel in Paris the next day. We are not avid traveller's, so any help would much appreciated!

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
494 reviews
from US$72.60*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,171 reviews
from US$108.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
585 reviews
from US$51.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
465 reviews
from US$300.60*
Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to store luggage near airport?

Here are your options as I see them:

1) Leave your baggage at CDG with Bagages du Monde. Sounds easy but they are expensive, not necessarily conveniently located for you, and have restricted hours.

http://www.bagagesdumonde.com/

2) Take the RER direct from CDG to Gare du Nord and store your luggage there, taking the TGV to Arras direct from GduN instead of from CDG. You will be returning to Paris in any case and trains from Arras to GduN are more frequent than trains to CDG.

3) Ask your Paris hotel if they would store your luugage for 24 hours. Most places would probably be willing to do this and would not charge you.

4) Take your luggage to Arras with you. If it is too heavy and/or bulky for you to want to take it with you on the train you are probably over-packing.

Option 4 would be the easiest and cheapest and would certainly be what I would do.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
147 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to store luggage near airport?

I think IrishRovr's option 2 is a good one. Paris Tourism recommends Gare du Nord for luggage storage and given that Arras connection from there, it makes sense. www.parisinfo.com

Canada
Level Contributor
227 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to store luggage near airport?

Thanks very much!

My only further question about taking luggage on a train - my only experience was from Berlin to Prague ..and there was nowhere to store it...so we basically had to put it in the aisle....is this the case with the train from Paris to Arras?

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to store luggage near airport?

All direct trains between CDG or Paris and Arras are TGVs which have ample luggage space. There are racks at the ends of each car, overhead racks for items up to standard carry-on size, and depending on the configuration, sometimes spaces between the seats.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
147 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to store luggage near airport?

Hi SLC06 - just in case you do decide to use Gare du Nord, I got some detail on the left luggage facility there from someone who used it recently to park bags for the day having checked out early from her apartment.

It is located up an escalator near the departures/arrivals for Eurostar and at the far end of that row of platforms near the car parking. There is then an escalator and a stairs down into the Left Luggage lockers area.

It starts with a manned security check, but is self-service from then on and change machines are provided. My friend found that many lockers were taken already and some were not functioning, but she found one eventually. It was easy to retrieve the bags later and catch the train to CDG. Liam

6. Re: Where to store luggage near airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2010, 05:18