We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Major US city to fly from to Paris

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
121 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Best Major US city to fly from to Paris

Trying to use Alaska airline miles to fly a family of 4 from Seattle to Paris. Wanted to use miles for 2 tickets and buy 2 tickets. After many hours on the phone, found nothing available for the miles.

My thought was to use our miles to get to a major US city and then BUY 4 tickets to Paris. (I found one very good deal from JFK to Paris on XL Airways, France but never heard of the airline.)

What is the best major city to fly out of direct to Paris?

Anyone heard of XL Airways, France? They were about $300 cheaper than anything else.

Any other ideas on how to utilize our miles to get from Seattle to Paris. Flexible on dates in July 2010 and wanting to stay for about 3 weeks.

Thank you!

Level Contributor
377 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Major US city to fly from to Paris

Never heard of XL. I am here in NY so I always fly out of JFK using Air France.

Good Luck!

Garden Grove...
Level Contributor
3,191 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Major US city to fly from to Paris

We usually fly Air France out of Lax.

We have flown Delta (NW) out of Detroit. It is a nice airport. I really dislike JFK so I'd avoid that one.

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
444 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Major US city to fly from to Paris

Alitalia and Continental have good fares out of Miami.

4. Re: Best Major US city to fly from to Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2010, 07:16