We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eiffel Tower upper level closing extended through 5 February

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Eiffel Tower upper level closing extended through 5 February

A post from another forum member alerted me to the fact that the Eiffel Tower web site now indicates that the upper level will remain closed through 5 February for maintenance. Previously it was scheduled to re-open on 29 January.

My thanks to MD.

http://www.tour-eiffel.fr/index.html

Peak District...
Level Contributor
102 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eiffel Tower upper level closing extended through 5 February

No problem! If it was originally meant to re-open on 29th January and was then made the 5th Feb, I'm going to cross my fingers and hope they work quickly and may have it open by the 1st Feb which is my last day in Paris - you never know ?? :O)

Antarctic Peninsula
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eiffel Tower upper level closing extended through 5 February

Good to know this info.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
277 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eiffel Tower upper level closing extended through 5 February

Great!

I go on Feb 2nd and return earl on the 6th Feb!

Only just found about about this.

I could have literally booked and time in the year to go and I pick the 'wrong days'.

And what do I like doing in any new plave that I visit?...

Photographing cityscapes and landscapes from high up !!!

DOH!

Ayr, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Eiffel Tower upper level closing extended through 5 February

Kev,

For stunning aerial shots of Paris, and of the ET, the outdoor observation terrace on top of Tour Montparnasse is what you want.

Peak District...
Level Contributor
102 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eiffel Tower upper level closing extended through 5 February

Just wanted to update everyone - checked the website today and the top is now closed 'til February 7th.

There was me hoping they would re-open early !

I go tomorrow and come back home on Monday 1st Feb.

We are still going to the 2nd level, river cruise, Notre Dame Towers and The Louvre and will enjoy every minute - nothing will dampen my spirits !!

MD

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
277 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eiffel Tower upper level closing extended through 5 February

Wee_Morag

Thanks for the tip., i'll probably need it !

Well, since my last post I found out that my flight back wasn't until early evening on the 6th so I booked a ticket for 10.00am on that day.

So now i've just found out that it's been extended the 7th!

Oh well, I stil may as well use the ticket, it was only 8 euros, but I was really looking forward to it as it would have been the last event of my trip and one of the highlights.....'I'll always have Montparnasse '

I guess there's still an outside chance that the date may be changed back?

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,251 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eiffel Tower upper level closing extended through 5 February

"For stunning aerial shots of Paris, and of the ET, the outdoor observation terrace on top of Tour Montparnasse is what you want."

Thanks for the tip, we have some great photos from the top of the Eiffle Tower, but have not been to Montparnasse. Good to know.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
20,949 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Eiffel Tower upper level closing extended through 5 February

You can still use your ticket to go to the second level of the Tour Eiffel.

I think the views from the second level (and photo ops) are superior to the top level, and much time is still wasted waiting for elevators from the second to the top and back again.

I also think the views are far better from the second level of Tour Eiffel (which is plenty "high up" (higher than a 30+ story building) than from the top of Tour Montparnasse. Views from Tour Montparnasse are a bit in the distance, whereas the Tour Eiffel is much more central. For me, the height is more of a thrill from the rooftop of Tour Montparnasse than the views - but, still, very enjoyable...

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
906 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Eiffel Tower upper level closing extended through 5 February

I wonder if this has anything to do with the "buy tickets on line feature"?

We had done that for Jan. 1 @ 8:00. It was great..very little line and waiting...until we got to the second level where we had to join a snaking maze of a line with the masses to wait for the elevator to the top. Perhaps they are designating a route for on line ticket holders? Or expanding the Champagne window/bar??

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,052 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Eiffel Tower upper level closing extended through 5 February

I don't think so -- I would be far quicker to believe it's related to the current work of repainting the entire structure.

They're losing an *enormous* amount of revenue -- I'm sure they want it open as soon as possible.

Edited: 31 January 2010, 17:58