We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental Car that I can return near the Louvre

lost in Ohio
Level Contributor
2,278 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Rental Car that I can return near the Louvre

I need to rent a car for a few days when we arrive, and want to drop it off when we head to Paris. I know that Hertz has a return near the Louvre. Does anyone know of any other company that has a return in that area?

Merci,

San Diego
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental Car that I can return near the Louvre

Most of the major agencies have multiple location around Paris (Avis for example has something like 26 locations).

You can google Paris on google maps and the enter the name of the agency into the search and it will show all the locations.

You may not want to go all the way into the city however. It's often easier to drop off on the outskirts (near the ring road) and then metro in. Depends on how much luggage you have and how comfortable you are driving in Paris.

lost in Ohio
Level Contributor
2,278 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental Car that I can return near the Louvre

I am fine driving in Paris. I would like to drop the car near the Louvre. Thanks to anyone who can let me know where I can do that.

THANKS

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,715 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental Car that I can return near the Louvre

If you go to AutoEurope.com and use the car search in the first page using Paris and then for location "city" you'll get a page of pick up and drop off locations in Paris.

One is "Carrousel du Louvre".

I would get the exact address of the garage entrance. I once returned a car at Gare Montparnasse and it wasn't at all obvious where to go. The sign, when we found it, was very small. The it was an adventure with 2 other people returning cars to find the after hours key return! We finally found it well hidden behind a pillar.

Rob

Edited: 11 February 2010, 03:58
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,715 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental Car that I can return near the Louvre

I just had a look using Google Earth... you'd enter

the parking via Place des Pyramides...

lost in Ohio
Level Contributor
2,278 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rental Car that I can return near the Louvre

I have returned cars in the past to HERTZ at the Carousel location. It's not easy to find -- but now that I know it is there, it's OK. I am interested in OTHER companies. Many thanks

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,487 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rental Car that I can return near the Louvre

Europcar and Avis do not, so I think you may be out of luck.

7. Re: Rental Car that I can return near the Louvre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2010, 07:16