We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel or Le Meridien Etoile

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
121 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel or Le Meridien Etoile

Hi

I will be in paris on April12- 18. I have the option staying at the Sheraton at the airport (CDG) or Le Meridien Etoile in the center of Paris..My question is how would I get to the city from the airport if I stayed at the airport hotel...taxi or train...If there are trains where are they located.. at the airport or outside the airport....If there are no trains ..How much a cab will cost from the airport to the city....or my best bet is to stay at Le Meridien Etoile

liverpool ny
Level Contributor
237 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel or Le Meridien Etoile

If you stay at cdg sheraton it is pretty far from what I think of as Paris. There is a train which takes you right into the city( there are alot of posts here about it) and there is no doubt it is MUCH MUCH cheaper than a taxi. However a taxi takes you right to your door which since I am assuming this is your first trip to Paris) Is really a lot easier.........I think we paid50 Euros or so for a taxi 4 years ago and the train is 8.50 euros.. I would really advise you to stay at the Meridien. I think you'll enjoy more of Paris that way.

los angeles
Level Contributor
9,052 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel or Le Meridien Etoile

There really is not even a choice--it would make no sense to stay at the airport for a week--unless there's some info you haven't given, such as you are required everyday at mtgs near the airport, etc. But if you are traveling to see/be in the city of Paris itself, there's no way you'd want to commute back and forth daily. Even from the 17th arr (Meridien Etoile), you'll do enough commuting by Metro and bus to the various areas of Paris that you want to visit.

Edited: 18 February 2010, 18:17
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
121 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel or Le Meridien Etoile

The difference would be $122 if I stay at the aiport, but considering the back and forth transportation to the city..I guess it is worth stayin at the latter

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
121 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel or Le Meridien Etoile

Thanks for the feedback..Woloszy and Mcal3k

los angeles
Level Contributor
9,052 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel or Le Meridien Etoile

NO question about it.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
2,534 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel or Le Meridien Etoile

Stay at the Etoile - it isn't right in the centre but has a metro station around the corner.

The easiest way from the airport is the Air France coach that stops almost outside the hotel.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,780 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel or Le Meridien Etoile

The Sheraton is a great place to stay for the night before an early morning departure the next day. Otherwise you would regret choosing this hotel, it's 45 minutes and 8.50€ each way into the city.

8. Re: Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel or Le Meridien Etoile

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2010, 07:20