We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

May 1st Itinerary

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,085 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
May 1st Itinerary

We will be in Paris on May 1st and I am wondering what will be open. I know most, if not all, museums are closed as well as stores. So, I guess we will check out parks/churches. I am hoping the Rue Cler shops are open in the morning at least. Does anyone know about restaurants, cafes and brasseries in the 5th/6th? Any suggestions of things to do on that day?

Texas
Level Contributor
673 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: May 1st Itinerary

…parisinfo.com/3117-museums-and-monuments-op…

To find out what is open May 1st, here is a start. :)

You can also search there for events on May first you might choose to attend.

I would say if you are concerned about restaurants, look in the restaurants pages and pick one you think you would like for dinner and call now for a reservation. Probably for breakfast and lunch you'll find you can get by ok just by looking around, but no reason not to make a reservation for lunch if they will let you somewhere of your choosing, and even if they won't let your reserve, they can let you know if they are open. Be sure to check if the resto has a website as you may be able to save on international calls by using email or skype. :)

Irvine, Ca
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: May 1st Itinerary

Hi, we will also be in paris for a day on May 1, 2010 and we are wondering what to do!!??! Any suggestions? Thanks!

Edited: 04 April 2010, 11:47
Nottingham
Level Contributor
91 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: May 1st Itinerary

Hi - we are also visiting Paris on 1st May and as it is our only full day in Paris (we have half day Friday and Sunday too) our itinerary looks like this:

Walk to Pompidou centre (from hotel in Chatelet area) - centre is not open but I would still like to see the outside.

Sacre Coeur

Walk part of Champs Elysees to Arc de Triomphe (again not open)

Eiffel Tower

Walk by Hotel des Invalides

Jardin des Tuileries

Dinner

Seine cruise from Pont Neuf (every half hour last cruise 22.30)

We are hoping for fine weather as alot of our itinerary involves appreciating Paris on foot!

Hope this is of some help.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
147 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: May 1st Itinerary

We are also in Paris (arriving May1). Our plans for the day are:

Sacre Coeur

Opera Garnier (from the outside only)

Fat Tire Bike tour--evening ride checking out all the sites that are lit up at night, finishing with a Seine river cruise

We arrive noonish from Amsterdam, so it is a leisurely 1/2 day plan..

5. Re: May 1st Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2010, 05:16