We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary & Restaurant Advice please

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
LA
Level Contributor
57 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary & Restaurant Advice please

hello, or shall i practice & say, Bonjour!

we're arriving Monday 4/14 staying at hotel duquesne . Our flight arrives 9:30am LAX-CDG and wanted some advice on what we have so far:

mon- drop luggage off and head for lunch at chez andres. Traveling on a mother-daughter trip and the mom wants a seafood platter. chez andres seems like a good choice, if not please advise. torn between this and le duc.

then off to the louvre and have a cafe crema somewhere

then head back to hotel to rest. by sunset maybe gather picnic items for eiffel tower. Can anyone refer us where to get these butter samplers everyone has recommended?

day 2

half day to versailles

fat tire bike tours- night tour 7pm

still at hotel duquesne, need dinner recommendations

day 3-4

lourdes via air france

day 4 thurs- afternoon flight arrival

check in at hotel bel ami st germain area

late lunch at Le Relais de l'Entrecôte

dinner at le voltaire

day 5 fri- tentative trip to london if not dinner at chez denise.

day 6 sat afternoon- musee d'orsay

may check in at hotel again at st germain or any other neighborhood recommended since we're going to CDG following morning.

day 7- CDG-LAX flight at 12:30pm.

merci in advance, please advise if we will be too all over the place. we will be taking taxis and walking as much as we can, and would like to do things according to neighborhood.

LA
Level Contributor
57 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary & Restaurant Advice please

bump

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary & Restaurant Advice please

Hi Gogina, here is a recent thread about restaurants in the 7th that might be of interest to you:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k34092…

Falls Church...
Level Contributor
563 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary & Restaurant Advice please

Nice seafood platters (delicious Soupe de Poissons) and good service can be had at Au Chien Qui Fume. I tried to see if they had a website and there wasn't one, but here's the TA link: tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187147-d7…

I've booked for dinner, but for lunches, we've generally just arrived on the early side, noonish, and haven't had a problem walking in. It's across from Les Halles.

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
57 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary & Restaurant Advice please

Another thumbs-up for Au Chien qui Fume. Good, varied menu selections and it is well-situated. Their website is

http://www.auchienquifume.com/

On our Paris trip earlier this month we loved Cafe le Temple, hard by Temple metro. (3ème) The place is kitschy, sort of a shrine to Marilyn Monroe (with lots of animal print fabric thrown in) in its decor, but our meals were superb. Menu is Corsican in influence--my husband recommends the wild boar stew. The foie gras at this place was the best I've had in my 4 Paris visits. Website:

http://www.la-grande-assiette-corse.com/

Enjoy the planning, and Bon voyage !

5. Re: Itinerary & Restaurant Advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2010, 05:17