We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris Tourist Bus Routes

Great Barrington...
Level Contributor
4,259 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Paris Tourist Bus Routes

When I was in Paris in January, I saw an RATP map detailing just 4 or 5 of the common "tourist" bus routes in Paris, not the entire system mind you.

Can anyone refer me to where that map is online?

Thank you.

Florida
Level Contributor
17,124 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris Tourist Bus Routes

Well, you would go look on the RATP site.

Click on Plans des Lignes, then look on the left-side menu for the "Plans des lignes de bus touristiques" - Voila, as they say.

Great Barrington...
Level Contributor
4,259 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris Tourist Bus Routes

I know that, Nutty!

But that's not it. I saw something printed by RATP that only showed 4 or 5 bus lines that they called "tourist" bus routes. These are regular bus lines (I'm sure the #69 is included) that they designate as busses tourists are more apt to take. Not l'Open Tour, or Balabus, etc.

Paris 4th Arr
Level Contributor
7,257 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris Tourist Bus Routes

Pix, you've been on TA a lot longer than I have but it seems your questions are often "first timer" questions. I mean, you have your own website which you constantly plug on TA but your question-posts are so often asked in the voice of a newbie. Which is it? Your profile claims that you're an expert:

«You may download my free guide to Paris at http://www.travelingprofessor.com»

but you often ask completely naive questions and then plug a website that claims expertise. Again, which is it? Year after year you do this. Are you an expert on Paris as your website claims or not?

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris Tourist Bus Routes

The map travelnuttyy referred you to includes city buses as well as the Balabus and l'Open Tour routes. The routes include the #69 but also the #s 20, 21, 27, 42, 63, 72, 73, 75, 82 and possibly one or two more.

I have to add that I am in complete agreement with metromole.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6,646 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris Tourist Bus Routes

Pixie, Like the others who have replied, I don't know the answer to your question.

If you have Le Petit Parisien there is a "Bus touristiques" map at the back (page 168 in my edition) that shows useful bus routes for tourists as well as Balabus, Montmartrebus, Orlybus and Roissybus. It shows about 15 of the 55 or so normal bus routes but links them to the major tourist attractions so the appropriate bus route is easy to locate.

Please post the online further abbreviated version if you locate it.

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
18,834 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paris Tourist Bus Routes

A seemingly simple, "first timer question"... and if someone has the answer, please let us know.

Florida
Level Contributor
17,124 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paris Tourist Bus Routes

I think there used to be a 'touristique' bus map on RATP, but old links to it are broken. I'm guessing since RATP must now own l'OpenTour bus service, they decided not to show where to go for 'free'.

Florida
Level Contributor
17,124 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paris Tourist Bus Routes

www.frommers.com/community/forum.cfm…

(or try short url: http://tinyurl.com/5zdysu )

- Robes posted a link to the Bus Touristique plan but it now only shows the metro and the night buses.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
474 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Paris Tourist Bus Routes

See the #69 bus sightseeing tour at books.google.com/books…

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
18,834 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Paris Tourist Bus Routes

A link to a map with 4-5 "tourist" bus routes would be great (but I can't find it), people often ask about this.

The "Paris Tourisme" RATP map that I have, and that opens on the RATP website, only has metro routes and "main" attractions indicated.

Pix, what's with the new look? ;))