We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LV stores in Paris

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
227 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
LV stores in Paris

Hi guys,

I will be in Paris in two weeks for the first time and my boyfriend's mum has requested we purchase a handbag for her.

Can anyone advise which store is the best one to go to? and are all prices the same across all LV stores?.

Thanks!

atlanta
Level Contributor
4,139 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LV stores in Paris

Prices are all the same.

Might as well go to the "mother ship" store on the Champs Elysse.

Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,295 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LV stores in Paris

Prices are the same all over France. IMO service is better at the St-germain store, just besides Les Deux Magots. Not because the staff at the mothership is store is not nice but mainly because it is too crowded.

But I must admit I got an answer from a clerk at the mothership store that was completely wrong. He told me there was no case for the iPhone 3G available and I had seen one in the AM at the St-Germain store. I got back there and I bought it...

Edited: 27 March 2010, 21:42
Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LV stores in Paris

The mother ship is indeed 101 Champs Elysées (I know the address by heart because it was the location of my office for 12 years!). There is another big Vuitton store with all of the other designer shops on Avenue Montaigne.

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: LV stores in Paris

I will be Vuitton shopping on my trip also.

I have read that prices can be 100-200 USD lower in Paris than the States. Also that that price includes the VAT you can get back at the airport.

Can anyone confirm this?

Edited: 28 March 2010, 02:04
Florida
Level Contributor
304 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: LV stores in Paris

The savings depends on the size of the bag. When I was in Paris 4 years ago, I priced a bag near my home so I would know if I am getting a savings. I ended up saving a total of $150. I thought that was fabulous. Two years ago when in Paris, I purchased my husband a wallet, not that much of a saving, but a savings. I bought mine at the "mother" store but my husbands I purchased at Le Bon Marche, and they engraved his with his initials inside, which I thought was very nice. We think of Paris when we wear our purchases. I am going to be in Paris in 9 days, I can not wait, I would love to get another bag, but I am fortunate, I do have 4. How many can you have. My advice go to a local store and get prices first. Hope that helps

richmond
Level Contributor
905 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: LV stores in Paris

To Flannan--You submit your paperwork at the airport, but have to wait a month or so to get the VAT back. I believe if you buy at a LV at one of the Dept. stores they submit it for you.

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: LV stores in Paris

Thank you both. I can't wait to have a Paris stamped Louis!

I was going to the St. Germain store but sounds easier to purchase at a dept.store if they do the VAT for you.

Pipster, I'm assuming the monogram was heat stamped.You left the wallet and returned for it? How long did it take?

(for anyone who wants a heat stamp that didn't get one on purchase I believe you can take it to any Vuitton store and you can have it done)

What do you think about shipping it home? I'm concerned about carrying it in my luggage for the duration of our trip and I won't be using it immediately.

Mississauga, ON
Level Contributor
3,085 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: LV stores in Paris

Are there LV items available in Paris that are not available elsewhere.?Specifically handbags and/or small leather goods. While I love LV, I would like something that can't be bought here at home.

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: LV stores in Paris

Just to respond to a comment made about department stores submitting the VAT for you. You must always mail the VAT paperwork yourself. You have to go through the VAT office at the airport to have your paperwork stamped or signed and then you drop it off at the mailbox at the airport before you board your flight. And I agree, if you're gonna shop for Louis Vuitton, go to the flagship on the Champs Elysees.

Coral Springs
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: LV stores in Paris

It's easy enough to check out the prices on line for LV...I've been doing it for months in anticipation of our trip to Paris...I've been watching the exchange rate to see if I'm going to make my LV purchase in Paris...

I'm having a hard time justifying such an expensive purchase (in my own mind)... since i already have an LV handbag and wallet....but what the heck!

If the stores take care of the tax refund paperwork...do you still have to do something else at the airport in order to get the refund?

Edited: 28 March 2010, 17:48