We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rue Cler - restaurant recommendations

Coral Springs
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
Rue Cler - restaurant recommendations

Would appreciate restaurant suggestions in Rue Cler district ...

(mediterranean food...french, spanish, greek etc...)

thank you

Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,314 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rue Cler - restaurant recommendations

La Terrasse, on rue LaMotte Piquet right at the exit of Métro École Militaire. About 100m from Rue Clerc (make a right when you get to LaMotte Piquet)

Paris
Level Contributor
3,212 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rue Cler - restaurant recommendations

The best restaurant in the rue Cler, imo, is the Petit Cler. Same folks who run the Fontaine de Mars (where the Obamas ate last summer). Rue Cler doesn't have any stellar restaurants. Try the rue Saint Dominique, where there are several good choices close to rue Cler.

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rue Cler - restaurant recommendations

Lots of cafes etc on rue Cler itself. Don't know how good they are, I am always there when it is not time to eat. Rue Cler itself is an interesting street especially on a Saturday when the vendors are out selling foods, deli items, the markets are busy, people are wandering and shopping. They say that a lot of diplomats live up in that area. I was wandering one of the side streets up by the Eifel in February, and from the looks of the cars parked, it is a pretty nifty neighborhood.

San Diego
Level Contributor
787 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rue Cler - restaurant recommendations

La Terrase is fine (they pour a "rich" sapphire & tonic), most people mention Cafe du Marche or Leveque because they're in the Rick Steve's book.

Cafe du Marche is fine, good standard fare, I've had the confit du canard twice, it's acceptable and they're open late. Tribeca is also allegedly owned by the people at Cafe du Marche and is more "shi-shi" than Cafe du Marches but the food is good. I had a good goat cheese salad and pizza there in 2007. My companions that evening were similarly satisfied with their fare.

Another option in the neighborhood is the restaurant La Fontaine de Mars where President Obama and his wife dined when they were in Paris but I don't know if the publicity from their visit has affected the food/service.

Bon Appetit!

Long Beach...
Destination Expert
for Long Beach
Level Contributor
820 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rue Cler - restaurant recommendations

La Taverna, Gastronomie Italienne at 22 Rue Champ de Mars, served me some shrimp wrapped in crispy, thin ham (ham just doesn't seem like a good enough word) that I will never forget. It was scrumptious.

La Terrasse as mentioned above was a favorite for the food as well as the great people watching.

I also enjoyed the salmon at Cafe Rousillion on Rue de Grenelle and Rue Cler.

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
16,174 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rue Cler - restaurant recommendations

In that general area there is the Sancerre wine bar. Gusto Italia has excellent pizzas. Les Cocottes is a meal in a pot place that is quite popular, further down the same street is a tapas bar that was hopping last Friday night.

Le Vin Sobre is a Trad bistro within walking distance. Le Florimond for a heavy french meal.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,069 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rue Cler - restaurant recommendations

We had a wonderful lunch at Cafe Rousillion two years ago. Salmon and duck, and both were excellent.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
457 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rue Cler - restaurant recommendations

I would vote for Le Petit Cler. It came highly recommended by a local and we enjoyed the food.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Rue Cler - restaurant recommendations

I also say Petit Cler. Tribeca just a few yards down on Rue Cler is great too.

Danee

www.MuseumChick.com

10. Re: Rue Cler - restaurant recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2010, 06:17