We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 star hotel and where to stay?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
sydney
Level Contributor
378 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
3 star hotel and where to stay?

We are looking for a good 3 star hotel in mid July for 5 nights, needing a triple room and a single room well located near a train station and in a nice area for tourists. 4 years ago my husband stayed at Grand Hotel Des Gobelins for 2 days which is near the Latin Quarter and is happy to stay there again. Any suggestions what area we should stay in and any hotels would be appreciated

Perth
Level Contributor
436 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 star hotel and where to stay?

You will shortly no doubt be inundated with responses, all telling you that "area ... is THE ONLY area to stay in". Everybody thinks that the area they prefer in Paris is the best, the most convenient, one; everybody tends to overlook the fact that we are all different and while one area appeals to one person it doesn't appeal to somebody else.

Two different three stars I can recommend, in different areas but very close to metro stations and easy walking distance to all the major tourist attractions such as Notre Dame and the Louvre are the Emeraud Louvre Montana, in Rue St Roch, just around the corner from the Louvre (but go for an executive room) and the Agora St Germain, in the Latin District. You can check them both out in TA reviews.

Now wait for all the different responses - yours will then be the difficult task of short-listing.

Edited: 05 April 2010, 10:09
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,968 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 star hotel and where to stay?

It really does not matter all that much where you stay in central Paris. The sights are spread out so, wherever you stay, you will need to use the Metro to reach some of them. And, wherever you stay, you will not be more than 200 metres/yards from a Metro station.

My own preference is the Ile St Louis, for what that is worth.

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
1,688 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 star hotel and where to stay?

You're asking about a 3*, but it would be helpful to know your budget per night in €uros. There are some very good 2* hotels in Paris.

The * system doesn't necessarily equate to the quality, but rather to a very prescriptive system relating to amenities - some of which might be quite unimportant if you're looking for value for money.

liverpool, england
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 star hotel and where to stay?

I agree with Kiwi, some 2 stars are better than 3 stars; a few years ago I stayed at the hotel Royal Bastile, in a lovely hotel, which was 2 stars, however would have been higher except for the fact it didnt have a lift.

It was a great place to stay and with a good metro conection within about 50 metres, but like has already been said - everywhere is handy as the metro is so quick, efficiant and easy to navigate.

Have fun xx

5. Re: 3 star hotel and where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2010, 06:22