We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

USAParis Vacation Rentals

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
23 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
USAParis Vacation Rentals

We are traveling to Paris in June. Usually we use VRBO, but have found a nice apartment on USAParis Vacation Rentals. Has anyone had any experiences with this company?

Paris
Level Contributor
212 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: USAParis Vacation Rentals

You might want to read this thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k33562…

Great Falls, Montana
Level Contributor
190 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: USAParis Vacation Rentals

We used them once in 2009 for a one-bedroom apartment in the 6th on Rue Dauphine. A beautiful apartment, exactly how pictured.

We liked it so much we rented the same apartment for E75 pn for a five-night stay this September.

The company was a pleasure to work with and we had no problems.

That being said, I have read on this forum about others who have had problems, but it is my opinion (and mine only) that these were people who have not traveled much to foreign countries and who could not wrap there head around the fact that business is conducted differently in Europe than in the U.S. Not better...not worse...just different.

Darks

3. Re: USAParis Vacation Rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2011, 12:02
Chile
Level Contributor
11 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: USAParis Vacation Rentals

I rented recently the Androuet 5, appartment at Montmartre, from USA Paris.com

We had an awful experience staying there. The place was shabby, unclean, but the worse were some upstairs neighbors that "partied" all night long, literally. They kept us up each night, we didn't know what to do anymore. My husband had to go up at 3:30 am to ask them to keep it down.

I don't want to be more explicit but the experience was not needed to be listened by our young daughters.

This happened every single night.

When I emailed Joe Wood (the apparent contact we had), who my daughters called the "ghost", since we never got to see him to complain he replied and ask for some sort of compensation, this is what he replied.

I quote:

"That is a very unfortunate situation. I'm really sorry to hear about that.

I don't know if those people were also renting an apartment from someone or if they live there, because we haven't heard about this before.

Unfortunately, this is a situation completely out of our control and so we are unable to offer any refunds or discounts for this. "

The hot water didn't work the first night, we weren't compensated for that either.

This totally ruined our vacation experience, since sleep is the most basic need that someone should have assured when staying in a hotel or apartment.

I asked him to forward my complaint to the management of USA Paris.com, but never heard from them.

I guess it's one of those hit an run situations.

People should be aware of the lack of seriousness of some organization, that profit from your money but do nothing to assure you that you are getting back what you paid for.

Conclusion - BEWARE

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,079 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: USAParis Vacation Rentals

While I agree that you obviously didn't receive the service you had hoped for, and a shabby, unclean apartment with no hot water for the first day would also be a drag, I'm afraid I do have to agree with the owner about the other tenant making noise.

That would be a situation completely beyond the control of the owner, and as he said, he had never heard of it before so didn't know if the people lived there or were renters themselves.

The noise factor is indeed a nuisance, but beyond the control of the owner IMO.

I've never dealt with the agency before - read some not so nice things - but I can't comment on what they are like to deal with personally.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,079 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: USAParis Vacation Rentals

Also, did you make the owner aware of the noise problem while you were there and he ignored your emails? Or did you just email him after the fact?

You said that he was never there to complain, but should he have been? Was their office there at the building? Or did he live there personally?

Chile
Level Contributor
11 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: USAParis Vacation Rentals

I guess I just complained after the situation, and it's my fault not to have done it earlier.

There was no office, no place to contact him, just emails. I never met nobody even to let me in the apartment, they would just give you directions to get the key yourself from a mailbox, leaving it the same way when you left. I know I should have known better. I was just naive enough to do businesses this way. I learnt my lesson. Once they get your money that's it. Just want people to be aware of this scam.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,079 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: USAParis Vacation Rentals

First off, to be clear, I'm not defending USAParis because I have never dealt with them before.

But your key arrangement is not uncommon, particularly if you are looking for budget rentals. We have rented in Paris before, and had no face to face dealings with the owner/agency that we dealt with. That's how they keep their costs down. We had no problems, but did have a telephone number to leave a message with the agency if we did.

If you didn't complain while you were there (perhaps you could have sent an email from an internet cafe if you didn't have a computer), then how could they have known how distressed you were by the noise?

While I agree that your situation was unfortunate, I don't see it as a scam.

9. Re: USAParis Vacation Rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 July 2010, 12:03
Garden Grove...
Level Contributor
3,200 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: USAParis Vacation Rentals

I've been around a long time on this forum. Pmmcto does not work for usaparis.

I have rented several apartments in Paris all of them from the same agency, vacationinparis.com. They have all been fine, although, most less than perfect. There are some things like noise and the weather that are beyond the agencies control.

If you are in a hotel there are employees available to help you when you have a problem. It took several trips to Paris before we ventured out on our own and into an apartment. We prefer to stay in apartments now.

It has been my experience that you get what you pay for and that seems to be the case with these folks. Sorry to hear you were treated so poorly. I appreciate that you are making us all aware of the situation with this agency.