We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to Avoid Lines at Eiffel Tower

atlanta
Level Contributor
258 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
How to Avoid Lines at Eiffel Tower

How is the best way to avoid lines at the Eiffel Tower? Last time we ate lunch at the restaurant in the tower which was a nice meal. I understand now it's not much more than self service cafeteria food. (the restaurant on the lower level).

If we buy tickets ahead of time on the website, do we skip the lines?

Mentioned in this post
Eiffel Tower
Eiffel Tower
119,425 Reviews
Paris, France
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
632 Reviews
from US$49.10*
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
566 Reviews
from US$69.40*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator Exclusive: Eiffel Tower Visit...
153 Reviews
from US$56.20*
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: How to Avoid Lines at Eiffel Tower

I don't beleive if you buy tickets ahead of time you can skip the lines. The lines tend to be shorter later at night.

If you eat at Jules Verne then you can go up in a private elevator and eat at that restaurant with a view on the top of the tower. But this is an expensive restaurant and not an option for most. The other restaurant don't have their own entrance.

Danee

www.MuseumChick.com

Mentioned in this post
Le Jules Verne
Le Jules Verne
5,558 Reviews
Paris, France
Scotland
Level Contributor
204 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to Avoid Lines at Eiffel Tower

I am assuming that when you buy your ticket with entrance time stated you will miss the ticket queue but there will be the security and lift queues ( at least that is what has happened with any of my other pre booked tickets) so at least some sight seeing time will be saved

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,084 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to Avoid Lines at Eiffel Tower

We used our prepaid reservation for the Eiffel Tower earlier this week and it was fantastic!

I am so glad we booked it as the lines were insane. We just walked right up to where it said Prebooked Reservations or something like that. We were a few minutes early so had to wait until 2:30 which was our scheduled time then we waited for an elevator which took about 5 minutes or so. There was a group of about 10 girls ahead of us in line but that was it.

Coming down took much longer as only one of the elevators seemed to be in operation and there was a long line up for it, so we waited about 30 minutes or so to catch the ride down. It was a particularly cold and windy day, so I was grateful we were waiting inside.

I think the prebooked tickets are well worth it and I won't hesitate to book again to save the long hideous line to go up.

Mentioned in this post
Eiffel Tower
Eiffel Tower
119,425 Reviews
Paris, France
4. Re: How to Avoid Lines at Eiffel Tower

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2010, 06:15