We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Days and Place of Food Markets

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
atlanta
Level Contributor
258 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Days and Place of Food Markets

Where are the best food markets and what days are they open?

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
18,647 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Days and Place of Food Markets

People have different preferences, le marché d'Aligre is very popular, le marché des enfants rouges is the oldest and quite nice IMO, I also like the small market on place Monge, with a fun mix of food and clothes and in a nice area (just to name a few :))

Here is a list of markets by arrondissement: paris.fr/portail/…

And some info on the more popular markets in English: qype.co.uk/fr101-paris/…466-marches-in-paris

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
18,647 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Days and Place of Food Markets

"I also like the small market on place Monge"

Meant to say the small market on place Maubert (called marché Maubert).

UK
Level Contributor
3,254 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Days and Place of Food Markets

There is also a small open-air market at Place Monge on Wednesday and Sunday mornings - a good mix of clothing and food stalls.

My favourite is the large open-air market at Boulevard Richard Lenoir near Place de la Bastille on Sunday mornings.

Enjoy!

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
33,756 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Days and Place of Food Markets

My favorite is the Saxe-Breteuil market which is only open of Satuday and Thursday. It's better on Sat.

www.parismarkets.net/Saxe-Breteuil.html

Pjk

Mississauga, ON
Level Contributor
3,049 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Days and Place of Food Markets

I was in Chapters (Canadian version of Barnes & Noble) this past weekend and found a little book "Markets of Paris" by Dixon & Ruthanne Long: "The only complete guide to every street market and market district in Paris, with beautiful full color photographs throughout." At the end was a handy day by day, which market to go to, resource. The book described the various markets in detail, recommended restaurants/bistros and throughout, had really nice photos. A smaller book that would be easy to carry with you as reference.

6. Re: Days and Place of Food Markets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2010, 05:18