We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I validate my 4-day swiss pass in Paris?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
249 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Can I validate my 4-day swiss pass in Paris?

We have bought 4-day swiss pass from raileurope.com and going to take TGV from Paris to Basel and change to an Interlaken train from Basel. We only have 10 minutes to change from TGV to IC993 train to interlaken. I won't be able to get to the ticket counter in Basel to validate.

So, Can I validate the swiss pass in Paris before boarding TGV, or even after boarding the swiss train from Basel?

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
548 Reviews
from US$72.50*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower Tour and...
658 Reviews
from US$73.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,213 Reviews
from US$121.30*
Eiffel Tower and Louvre Museum...
821 Reviews
from US$123.80*
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
37,273 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I validate my 4-day swiss pass in Paris?

Possibly on the train (I don't know for sure), but not in Paris.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I validate my 4-day swiss pass in Paris?

According to the RailEurope website

raileurope.com/rail-tickets-passes/swiss-pas…

"Pass must be validated at the train station prior to boarding your first train."

According to the Terms and Conditions on the official website, tickets must be validated by "a Swiss Rail Official".

www.swisstravelsystem.com/index1.php…

3. Re: Can I validate my 4-day swiss pass in Paris?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2010, 06:18