We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Specific question about Eiffel Tower stair access

Irvington
Level Contributor
163 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Specific question about Eiffel Tower stair access

My kids want another shot at climbing to the top of the Eiffel Tower (as far as you are allowed) because 5 years ago it rained and they closed the stairs and we only made it to the second level! I was planning on pre-ordering tix online but the website says "stair entrance tix not sold online." Can anyone clarify this? If I pre-order will we only have access via elevator or will we have the option to take the stairs? Thank you!

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,430 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Specific question about Eiffel Tower stair access

It sounds like you can only pre-book for the elevator. I would guess because, as happened to you the last time, they can't tell ahead of time what the weather will be like and may have to close the stairs.

2. Re: Specific question about Eiffel Tower stair access

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2010, 06:21