We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much time to allow for checking in forEU flights

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
332 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
How much time to allow for checking in forEU flights

I saw several posts regarding time to allow for people wanting to depart to the US. Is it as time consuming if i have to fly to another EU country? I am not an EU citizen, so will there be a lot of security checks? We will fly out at 12h45 to Copenhagen on a Monday and we have arranged a private shuttle for 09h30. Is this enough time?

Thanks

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much time to allow for checking in forEU flights

Schengen flights normally close check-in about 20 minutes before departure. I recommend being there at least an hour ahead of time since you have to share security with the other flights.

Tarragona, Spain
Level Contributor
379 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How much time to allow for checking in forEU flights

"EU flights" are not a category which makes sense.

Schengen flights (without either customs or passport controls i.e. with less hassle and consumption of time) are.

Many EU destinations are in Schenegen, but not all. UK & RoI are not, for example. Likewise Romania and Bulgaria, though the latter two should be integrated in 2011.

Some non-EU countries are however in Schengen e.g. Switzerland, Norway, Iceland.

Denmark is in Schengen. At least mainland Denmark and its close islands is. Though neither Greenland nor The Faroe Islands is.

3. Re: How much time to allow for checking in forEU flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2010, 06:26