We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants

Scotland
Level Contributor
553 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants

Hey guys,

This is my first trip to Paris and I'm so excited! My boyfriend has booked us the trip for my birthday.

I was wondering if you guys could help me by recommending a lovely restaurant. We are staying near the Eiffel Tower. Budget maximum £50 each

Andrésy, France
Level Contributor
6,291 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants

"La Fontaine de Mars" is not that far from the Eiffel Tower. It is a typical traditional brasserie. Obama ate there when he came to Paris last year. fontainedemars.com/download/menu-anglais-25.…

Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,314 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants

At that price you probably will have to go to a brasserie. I kinda like "La Terrasse du 7e", right at the corner of Bosquet and La Motte piquet (at the Métro École Militaire exit).

Not really in your area but still a nice place, Le Grand Colbert on rue Vivienne (close to Métro Bourse). Accessible from the 7th by bus 42 (get off at Capucines/Caumartin and walk on Rue des Capucines to get to the Rue des petits champs)

Edited: 24 May 2010, 19:45
CA
Level Contributor
7,115 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants

Le Suffren on Ave. Suffren.

We stay near the Grand Colbert and can tell you that Le Vaudeville, right up the street, is a much better choice.

CA
Level Contributor
7,115 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants

Love the music on their web site...

http://www.bistrocie.fr/

All-inclusive menus at €38--apperitif, three courses, bottle of wine, desert

and coffee. We like Bistro Melrose and Bistro de Breteuil. Reservations essential, as these places are very popular with the locals.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
426 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants

Nice walk accross the Champ de Mars ( specially when sun is going down ) and you will arrive close to Ecole Militaire and a restaurant Le Florimond ( 19, av de la Motte-Picquet, 01 45 55 40 38,| leflorimond.com ). I go there quite often with colleaguees from all over the world, look at reviews on this site. Need to book since this restaurant can accomodate no more than 30 customers I guess. Enjoy !

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
18,819 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants

Le Florimond serves delicious stuffed cabbage.

Israel
Level Contributor
5,165 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants

I ate the most delicious lobster ravioli as a starter in Le Florimond a few weeks ago.

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
18,819 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants

I also liked the lobster ravioli. The portions are generous, desserts huge, so bring your appetite :)

9. Re: Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2010, 07:28