We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Warm, cozy hotel/apartment in dead of winter in paris?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Paraparaumu, New...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Warm, cozy hotel/apartment in dead of winter in paris?

Hi there,

We're honeymooning in Paris in Feb 2011, we're on the hunt for a lovely hotel for the first two nights, somewhere for less than 250euros per night. We're of the mind that we're happy to get lost in the city, so we don't mind where the location is. We've been on the internet hunt for a cozy, clean, newish hotel room to get ahem, swept up in, does anyone know of any great finds for this price?

Also, does anyone know of any great little apartments (no problem if tiny) that have either a fireplace or are just really really well heated for battling the winter? Our budget for the apartment is less than 175 euros/night.

Thanks so much if anyone has any ideas. We're coming from New Zealand and neither of us have been further afield than Asia or the USA so any help would be so very much appreciated!

Warm regards,

Kiwis.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6,331 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Warm, cozy hotel/apartment in dead of winter in paris?

Hi Welly, how many nights would you be staying in the apartment?

BTW, I would be surprised if you could find any hotel with an open fire in the room (as opposed to a fireplace retained for appearance). I think they would not be permitted for safety reasons.

For the hotel, you could book one of the suites at the Hotel Langlois, The one I had (I think it is No 314 - it is the one shown in the middle and right hand photos at the top on the "Rooms" page. It has a lovely fireplace but not in use. I love the "hidden" bathroom which is through the disguised door with the mirror, which is beside the bed on the side closest to the door to the sitting room, The suites are only 190 Euros a night

http://www.hotel-langlois.com/en/index.html

You should not have any problems finding a nice apartment for 175 Euros a night. I have stayed twice in flats managed by www.parisaddress.com and had very good experiences both times as have friends who have used them on my recommendation. Others will suggest other agencies or booking sites.

Paraparaumu, New...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Warm, cozy hotel/apartment in dead of winter in paris?

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah I figured as much about the fireplace, we were just hoping to get a bit more control over the heating. We've stayed in a few places where we've ended up shivering the night through and didn't want it to be the same way for our honeymoon :)

Thanks for those links, I'm checking out the hotel now. Also great to add another apartment link to our collection, I do think we'll be ok for one under that budget, it's more about trying to find something special :)

Chicago, USA
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Warm, cozy hotel/apartment in dead of winter in paris?

You might want to check out www.Parisbestlodge.com also. Thierry is very helpful, answers emails quickly, and is available during your stay to answer questions. I found that the pictures on his website are a true representation of the apartment --what you see is what you get. I stayed at the Bourg-Tibourg apartment with Paris Best Lodge in November 2008. http://www.parisbestlodge.com/bourg.html At least in that apartment, the tenant controls the heat. I remember this specifically because I had to turn it down as it was too warm for me -although I realize that coming from Chicago, my idea of warm probably does not coincide with that from someone from New Zealand. :)

Paraparaumu, New...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Warm, cozy hotel/apartment in dead of winter in paris?

Ooo that was a good tip, thank you. I hadn't seen that website before, I'm surprised because I thought I'd scoured the internet pretty well, so thanks! My only worry would be that there isn't the option for fair reviews on that site, so owners can just put up the good ones...but other than that the rates seem cheaper than other apartment sites, so bonus!

Chicago, USA
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Warm, cozy hotel/apartment in dead of winter in paris?

You are welcome. You might also want to take a look at this thread regarding apartment reviews.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k26308…

You can also search a specific apartment rental agency on these forums in case you have questions or concerns about them. Slow trav also has apartment reviews. Good luck.

los angeles
Level Contributor
8,971 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Warm, cozy hotel/apartment in dead of winter in paris?

I've not stayed at the Bourg-Tibourg apt, but have stayed at the hotel across the street, and I would be surprised if you did not find the street/location very special.

Recently, I have read a lot about Hotel Amour, which sounds great for a honeymoon:

http://www.hotelamourparis.fr/

Again, I think the location is special/wonderful.

It's great that you're really flexible with your location and that you love getting lost in Paris--I'm of the same mind. Since you'll be there in Feb, I'd make sure you were reasonably close to a Metro stop (not hard to do!) and that you had basic conveniences within close walking distance (again, not difficult).

Congratulations and have a wonderful honeymoon!

Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,290 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Warm, cozy hotel/apartment in dead of winter in paris?

We were in Paris this year for Valentine's Day and it was very cold. We stayed at the Best Western Left Bank on Rue de l'Ancienne Comédie in the 6th. Awesome location, just a few feet away from Café Le Buci and rue St-André-des-Arts and Rue Buci and.... And it was very warm, in fact too warm for us Quebecers. We had to ask the lady to cut on heating in our room.

And it was way beyond 250 euros a night (150 or so breakfast included)

Edited: 31 May 2010, 23:39
Paraparaumu, New...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Warm, cozy hotel/apartment in dead of winter in paris?

Thanks Sezme, I didn't realise tripadvisor did apartment reviews, thought they were isolated to hotels/b&bs/hostels etc, so yay!

Thanks mcal, I'm checking out that hotel now, I've heard of it advertised as well, I didn't realise it was in a 'good spot', I'll definitely check it out. I've always loved the get lost approach, no expectations and just exploring never lets me down :)

ymca, great tip, that's real good to hear you guys were too hot, that bodes really well! We stayed in Alberta last year and it was -38 out, but the Canadians we were staying with had indoor heating down to a fine art :)

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Warm, cozy hotel/apartment in dead of winter in paris?

Check the "Message" section and I'll send you over the info of a really great apartment and with strong heating. Happy Travels!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Warm, cozy hotel/apartment in dead of winter in paris?

I just posted a message to you in the, "Message" section. I hope it went through as I just had a little computer problem. If it didn't, then let me know. Happy Travels!