We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Electricity converter

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Georgetown, Canada
Level Contributor
57 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Electricity converter

Does anyone know if the voltage in France is the same as the UK? I have a converter for my Canadian hairdryer etc. to use in the UK but not sure if I need a different one for France?

nashville
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Electricity converter

yes

but you really ought to just pick up a cheap dual voltage hairdyer -- they are so cheap and then you don't have to lug the converter. of all the stuff we have with us this summer, two computers, two cameras, hair dryer, phones -- the only thing that needs a converter is my blood pressure machine --

most electronic stuff now works both ways

Tours, France
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Electricity converter

The voltage in France and the UK is the same, i.e. 230 - 240 volts. However, the shape of the plug is different, so you will need an adaptor to handle the different plugs.

Georgetown, Canada
Level Contributor
57 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Electricity converter

Ok thanks for the reply, I think I will get the dual voltage hair dryer and the adaptor plug for all the other electric stuff!

4. Re: Electricity converter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2010, 07:52