We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pet Adoption/Market?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
112 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Pet Adoption/Market?

A friend told me about a type of outdoor pet-adoption market that is a

weekly occurrence in Paris - but I am not sure when or where.

Has anyone heard of this?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,063 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pet Adoption/Market?

It's fairly well known.

The care and well-being of the animals, as well as the breeding practices of the vendors, are often called into question in the popular press.

California
Level Contributor
112 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pet Adoption/Market?

....are they from puppy mills and other type of breeders? I had thought they were all rescue animals looking for a good home. Don't think I will be going

if this is not the case.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,063 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pet Adoption/Market?

No, they're not rescued.

You would also need to be thoroughly familiar with the costs and governmental red tape involved with importing an animal to the US. (Not insurmountable, but picky and time-consuming...and anything but cheap).

California
Level Contributor
112 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pet Adoption/Market?

...we wouldn't be adopting - just wanted to go look. I had heard it had all sorts of animals - maybe my friend is thinking of something else.

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
15,698 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pet Adoption/Market?

Nope, this is what your friend was referring to. they have poultry, mammals, reptiles and fish.

atlanta
Level Contributor
258 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pet Adoption/Market?

You might be interested in the several interesting pet shops between Notre Dame and the Louvre. We have a couple of very spoiled rescue dogs ourselves so we'll probably bring them a gift back from there. (if we can afford it that is!).

7. Re: Pet Adoption/Market?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 December 2010, 09:15