We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currently Short Sleeve Weather or Long Sleeves?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
atlanta
Level Contributor
258 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Currently Short Sleeve Weather or Long Sleeves?

I'm sitting in Atlanta at 85 degrees and 80% humidity which is absolutely miserable. I'll be arriving next Monday in Paris so I'm wondering if I should bring mostly short sleeved shirts with a light jacket?

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,147 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Currently Short Sleeve Weather or Long Sleeves?

Best bet is to check a forecast just before leaving on www.weather.com, www.accuweather.com, etc. Pay attention to the forecasted lows as well as the highs, and, still, plan for warmer/cooler. A lightweight waterproof/windproof jacket is always good to have along, especially for open air boat and bus rides.

atlanta
Level Contributor
258 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Currently Short Sleeve Weather or Long Sleeves?

Thanks! Anything cooler is better than what I'm having now!!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,388 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Currently Short Sleeve Weather or Long Sleeves?

Short sleeves or long sleeves? Yes. In the same day.

Bring light layers -- it's been 60 and raining, and 85 and sunny just in the last week.

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
15,925 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Currently Short Sleeve Weather or Long Sleeves?

I have been wearing a long sleeve blouse over cotton tank tops for the last three days. Weather goes from stiffling hot to cold and pouring and back in a matter of minutes. Feels like mother nature is having hot flashes!

nashville
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Currently Short Sleeve Weather or Long Sleeves?

my uniform for Paris is a fitted cotton T with a travel shirt with zipped pockets over as a jacket -- works most of the time (and with my navigo and ID in the pocket, I don't need a purse)

my husband wears the same or a long sleeve cotton shirt with sleeves rolled.

since we have been here -- I have had to use long sleeve base layer and jacket (and occasionally sweater added) and just a T-shirt -- Paris is always variable.

always have a rain/wind light jacket, a sweater -- and light weight clothes -- today it is supposed to be close to 80 but also be rainy -- the forecast for the next week is showery and warmish -- but it changes daily

victoria, b.c.
Level Contributor
80 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Currently Short Sleeve Weather or Long Sleeves?

we've been here a week and the weather is all over the place and promises to remain so for the near future. makes it very difficult when you're out and about for a day. absolutely poured on wednesday when we went to chartres, which ruined our walk around the lovely village. waterproof, lightweight comfy shoes are a must. we're trying to go as light as possible, bringing a small pack with rain gear but yesterday it went from wet and cool to quite hot and humid, leaving me, in particular, sweating like a pig in rodins museum. must say that the weather is having quite a negative impact on our trip so far. nonetheless, paris is well worth it.

nashville
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Currently Short Sleeve Weather or Long Sleeves?

the forecast for today was rain and so we planned to go to the d'Orsay --- but it has been simply beautiful all day and is about 75F right now -- so we ended up spending the day in the Tuilleries instead -- picnic -- sitting in the lovely chairs -- reading and strolling and then did a little wandering around town and shopping for the grandchild (you would have to be insane to spend upwards of 150 Euro and outfit to dress a tiny toddler in Bonpoint clothes -- but my they are darling)

We save the museum jaunts for rainy days and evenings.

glasgow, KY
Level Contributor
291 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Currently Short Sleeve Weather or Long Sleeves?

We just returned from Paris and the weather was all over the place, so I'd take layers but most certainly something like a sweater or fleece for nights.

atlanta
Level Contributor
258 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Currently Short Sleeve Weather or Long Sleeves?

Wow! I'm really glad I asked this question. Time for some more shuffling of the suitcase.

Kamloops, BC...
Level Contributor
9,743 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Currently Short Sleeve Weather or Long Sleeves?

I've been in Paris throughout summer temperatures of various levels, even high 80s - low 90s, and I've never suffered as one does in Atlanta. The forecast for next week is mid 70s for highs and mid 50s for lows. Even if these are more moderate than the temps actually turn out to be, you'll still be much more comfortable than at home.