We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eiffel tower..stairs or elevator?

London
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Eiffel tower..stairs or elevator?

Anyone took the stairs? How long does it take?

Sherwood Park...
Level Contributor
123 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eiffel tower..stairs or elevator?

We did the stairs to the 2nd level. It is not that hard if you are in reasonably good shape. I think it took us 10 min to the first level and 10-15 to the 2nd level. It is very interesting to see the structure of the tower. From the second level you have to take the elevator to the top level. It was extremely windy the night we went.

Sunnyvale...
Destination Expert
for San Jose
Level Contributor
5,994 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eiffel tower..stairs or elevator?

The stairs take as long as you want.

They're wonderful on a nice day but an ordeal if it's not.

Artesia, New Mexico
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Eiffel tower..stairs or elevator?

I took the elevator and the ques were long and you sorta feel hearded in and out.But, it was a really busy day I guess. I also got in a line that went all around the 2nd level to get down and it went up so I wasted my time waiting in the wrong line! When I finaly got in the right one, two fat horrible women shoved in and shoved out they were very annoying I was glad when I got away from the crowds. I don't know when it's less busy but that's when I'd try to go. Good luck.

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
650 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eiffel tower..stairs or elevator?

We did the elevator to the top, then elevator back down to the 2nd level, then stairs down to the 1st level, got out & looked around at the exhibit. Then we were going to do the stairs back down to the ground but took the elevator because we were cold (ok I was cold, hubby was fine)

I agree with the above poster, it was a neat way to see the tower, even if we did go between only level 1 & 2. They also had things to read along the way, about the tower. Also -- going down is much easier than going up, so I do recommend this if you want to try the stairs a bit!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
66 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eiffel tower..stairs or elevator?

If you think you can do it take the stairs. You only live once and it's great to say it's something you've done as most people take the elevator. Side bonus will be the good exercise you'll get to balance eating all that great French food!