We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plzz Help...Perfect Restaurant for 13th Wedding Anniversary?

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
112 posts
Save Topic
Plzz Help...Perfect Restaurant for 13th Wedding Anniversary?

Hi,

It's been months for us to decide on which perfect restaurant that we should celebrate our 13th wedding anniversary... and we still can't make any pick yet! It's really tough, please help!

We'll be visiting Paris (as part of or Europe trip) by end of July this year. It's my 3rd visit, and 1st for my husband. We are michelin stars suckers kinda! (lol) but we haven't been to one in Paris before...

While we'll have our anniversary lunch at Pierre Gagnaire, we want to have our dinner at the one that has beautiful period classic interir setting.

Our dinner choices are:

- Le Bristol

- Le Cinq

- Les Ambassadeurs

- L'Espadon

- Ledoyen

- L'ambroisie

- Le Meurice (but too bad, I just got a reply from them that they'll have their annual clossure on days we visit).

As this would be our anniversary treat - so we really need to decide carefully to pick the best one to celebrate it.

So please kindly help us to pick 2 restaurants from our list above with your oppinions - or you may rank them all based on your preferred rating? Which are the better ones among those in overall rating for their food and beautiful setting that really worth the price!

We really do appreciate for your kind help to top it off! Thanks so much!!

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
489 reviews
from US$73.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,167 reviews
from US$109.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
584 reviews
from US$51.80*
Special Offer
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
464 reviews
from US$302.10*
US$335.60
KTfromNC
Level Contributor
356 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Plzz Help...Perfect Restaurant for 13th Wedding Anniversary?

http://www.quai48parisvacation.com/

The perfect place.....!

And a very different place to dine:

www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php…

Edited: 20 June 2010, 15:37
Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,419 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Plzz Help...Perfect Restaurant for 13th Wedding Anniversary?

Why not have a look at La Train Blue then you might forget that list.

Oregon
Level Contributor
5,173 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Plzz Help...Perfect Restaurant for 13th Wedding Anniversary?

Le Train Bleu is a gorgeous restaurant with decent/good food--not unbelievable food--if that matters. It is a beautiful restaurant. I had lunch there and enjoyed it very much.

I have three favorite restaurants in Paris. None are Michelin starred but they get rave reviews from people here on this forum. They are:

Chez Josephine Dumonet (the Parisiens as well as tourists love this place). You must reserve by telephone at least several days in advance or you won't get in. They do not have a website.

La Ferme Saint Simon, www.fermestsimon.com, 6 Rue de Saint-Simon, 75007 Paris, France, 01 45 48 35 74. I've eaten both lunch and dinner here and have loved everything about it--service, decor, food presentation as well as taste. You can make a reservation on their website.

Le Cottage Marcadet, www.cottagemarcadet.com, 151 Bis Rue Marcadet, 75018 Paris, France, 01 42 57 71 22. This is a very small (6 tables), cozy restaurant that is absolutely devine. They have rose petals in the toilet bowl of the ladies room. (At least they did when I had lunch there last October.) The service was the best I have ever had, the food presentation was so beautiful it literally made me cry and the food was fantastic. I actually asked the chef to come out--and then I jokingly asked him to marry me. My meal was so wonderfully memorable. You can make reservations on their website.

You can have fabulous food and decor in Paris without paying Michelin starred prices. But, of course, that is up to you.

None of the three restaurants I mentioned as favorites have beautiful art nouveau decor but they are very nice. Le Train Bleu is decorated with art nouveau and is stunning.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,531 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Plzz Help...Perfect Restaurant for 13th Wedding Anniversary?

Lunching at pierre gagnaire will be quite an experience, are you sure you can fit in dinner as well???

I haven't been to any of the places you mention but I have been to Guy Savoy and while the decor is modern rather than Versailles traditional, the food is sublime.

Metro Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,737 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Plzz Help...Perfect Restaurant for 13th Wedding Anniversary?

I agree with Lynn48...2 extraordinary meals in one day would be too much..for a classical interior and history I would go to the Grand Vefour.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,419 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Plzz Help...Perfect Restaurant for 13th Wedding Anniversary?

What did the Chef say to your request.

7. Re: Plzz Help...Perfect Restaurant for 13th Wedding Anniversary?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2010, 06:15