We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bastille Day - Eiffel area

scranton, PA
4 posts
Save Topic
Bastille Day - Eiffel area

Interested in heading to the Champ De Mars area around 6-7 on Bastille Day and wondered if shops around there (i.e. Rue Clure) are closed. Hoping maybe to picnic or have dinner before waiting for the fireworks.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bastille Day - Eiffel area

Most shops are closed for that day. If you are thinking about having a picnic on Champs de Mars on Bastille Day at night time, you are in for a rude awakening. It seems the whole Paris will be there to watch fireworks. It will be very crowded. You can hardly walk as they are too many people in the area. Another time, I sat on a balcony on an apt on Ave President Wilson and saw that it was a (literal) herd walking towards the CdM to see fireworks.

scranton, PA
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bastille Day - Eiffel area

Thanks so much. Think i will be adjusting my expectations !

3. Re: Bastille Day - Eiffel area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2010, 07:42