We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris metros?

Perugia, Italy
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Paris metros?

I'll be coming to Paris in the end of july and I have a few journey to take. I would like to know how much does the metro ticket would costs.

I need to go from

1) Place de Clichy to denfert rochereau ?

2) Saint-Lazare to Place de Clichy?

Are there Peak periods when buying tickets in Paris?

Since we'll be exploring Paris for 3 days only, is there a convenient and economic ticket i can get?

I will staying in Ibis MontMatre in Paris and am kind of undecided on which is the best and economic way to return to Orly Airport as i heard the Orlyval cost quite a bomb.Is there a better way and how much will it cost?

Merci Beacuoup to All!!

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
489 reviews
from US$73.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,167 reviews
from US$109.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
584 reviews
from US$51.80*
Special Offer
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
464 reviews
from US$302.10*
US$335.60
Queensland
Level Contributor
4,001 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris metros?

Hi, you could get a 'carnet' of tickets. 10 tickets and it costs about 11euro (actually I think its a little bit more). For 3 days that is probably the way to go.

Lords Valley...
Level Contributor
1,629 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris metros?

A carnet of 10 tickets is the way to go. Be sure to keep your used Metro ticket until you complete your journey and leave the system. Occasionally a transit inspector will ask to see your ticket and if you don't have it there is a stiff fine.

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris metros?

One "ticket t+" (to give it its official name...) is good for one ride anywhere on the métro and on the RER anywhere *within Paris proper* including transfers. There is no difference in the fare at peak andoff-peak travel times.

For example, to get from Place de Clichy to Denfert-Rochereau your best route would probably be to take Métro Line 2 Direction Nation five stops to La Chapelle, then transfer by a long underground "correspondance" to RER Line B at Gare du Nord. Then take RER Line B Direction Robinson/St. Rémy-lès-Chevreause five stops to Denfert-Rochereau. One "ticket t+" will cover the entire journey

Gare St. Lazare to Place de Clichy is about a 10 minute walk or two stops on Métro Line 13 Direction St. Denis and again one ticket t+ will cover the trip.

If that is really all the trips you will be making just buy individual tickets costing €1.70 each. Otherwise the carnet of 10 tickets costing €12 as suggested is the way to go.

You can find a lot more info including métro maps at www.ratp.fr where the interactive métro map and the advanced search features of the route planner are particularly useful.

Perugia, Italy
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris metros?

Thank you all for you super fast replys and great replys!

Btw do you all live in Paris or have you been there on holiday?

Merci!!!

Metro Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,737 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris metros?

"Btw do you all live in Paris or have you been there on holiday?"

if you click on the name of each poster then on profile you can find out.... most of the regulars don't live in Paris but have visited it many many times..

You can type a basic question on Google and get lots of info.. Sometimes it pays to look at info about Paris in French..it is relatively easy to understand and figure it out or you can use the Google translator

A great site about metros, rail stations etc. is http://parisbytrain.com/ (the ticket prices may not have been updated yet).

Perugia, Italy
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Paris metros?

Thanks 3CONILS for the advice. I just entered this really interesting website and am so happy when people like you try help others confused in our pre adventure planning.

How's it in Vancouver? Just cam back from an exchange in Hong Kong and met some really fun canadians.

ciao!

7. Re: Paris metros?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2011, 06:15